1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bought some rims and tires today!! BUT...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Aerial Tacoma, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Aerial Tacoma

Aerial Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    Clearwater FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Catback, Original HomerTaco Raptor Grill, TRD Trail Teams "Black", Duratrac 265/75/16, ALL PRO apex rear bumper, Retrofits W/ BHLM halos and deamon eyes
    so i have been looking for some wheels and tires for my 2010 Tacoma since my stock tires are getting a little warn. so i go into my local 4Wheel Parts store and i though "hey lets get some wheels that i wanted to upgrade while getting tires" :D. so i buy some 17" Procomp 7047's, which i like and some BFGoodrich all terrain T/A KO's. so total out the door with installation and all that junk was $2040.42.. since i have the cash from taxes i am like "heck why not". since they don't have them in stock the guy say they will be in on tuesday.. so i am thinking cool. so i get home and randomly go online to 4Wheel Parts to look up other goodies and i just happened to look up my wheels and tires.. total with taxes and free instore pickup instead of shipping is $1551.11 :eek:!! i mean cmon i know there is labor, new lug nuts, valve stems, but a $489.31 differance :mad:, from the same company. since they are closed sunday, i will be in on Monday canceling my order.. anyway just venting, lesson learned i guess :(, will shop around next time. so anyway let me know what you all think about the procomp 7047's, going with flat black.
    http://www.procompusa.com/productlist.aspx?plid=101929&catid=11&subcat=210&ptid=100073

2. oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    That's crazy. Nice wheels though :thumbsup:

3. TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and an Evenflow car seat in the back seat
    It pays to shop around. The internet is your friend. ;) I bought 2 of my wheels off Amazon. I would have never thought to look on there for wheels or tires. Who knew? The other 2 I bought off CL nib.

To Top