1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake light problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1zach4, May 20, 2010.

1. May 20, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    1zach4

1zach4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Kennesaw, Ga
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Alright i'm having issues with my brake lights.

I noticed a while ago my driver's side brake light had gone out, and then last night I was asking to make sure it was still out before I went to replace it and my dad said the 3rd brake light and pass. side had just gone out while I was pumping the brakes.

So I drove home with no brake lights. period.

Today my wife was following me and then told me that my 3rd brake and pass. side were working again.

I replace the driver's side bulb (since I know it's out) and get my wife to hit the brakes.....nothing from all 3 again.

Anyone had this problem before? Seems to work when driving, but not when parked with the truck on?

Truck is an 06 Prerunner SR5 M/T

2. Dec 17, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    zkdawg

zkdawg Greenville Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    zach
    Mauldin, Sc
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB TRD Sport
    Fog light mod, JBA LT headers, drop-in k&n filter, energy bushings, tried fold topper, 2nd air filter removed, all new stereo system minus subs, plastisol the wheels.
    i think u have a short somewhere in the wiring, thats why it works sometimes and not others. look up the wiring diagram and trace the brake wires back from the fuse box and im sure u will find your problem.

I would start by looking under the truck on the passenger side by the frame rail, there r some wires going to the back of the truck, im not sure if those r the brake wires or not but if they r and something hit and sliced them, then there is your prob.

Products Discussed in

To Top