1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake rotor size problem '04 Taco

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by cajunboi, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Jul 15, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    cajunboi

cajunboi [OP] Member

Member:
    Okay so here is the scenario. Awhile back I was doing a brake job and at the time I hadnt really taken the dive into modding my Tacoma. I went to the local autoparts store (Advanced Auto Parts) and picked up everything I needed.

When I took everything apart it was going really quick. I barely finished half my first beer by the time I was ready to reassemble the driver's side. Except when I went to put the caliper back I noticed that I couldnt get it on correctly and the bolts werent lining up. I scratched my head then pulled the rotor off and lined it up on top of the original. Sure enough, the ones I got were just a few mm larger in diameter.

I checked a couple other places around town and found the same oversized rotors. I eventually just had to have the originals turned down. Of course that was 6 months ago and the brakes are beating the heck out of me now. I just didnt have the time to wait at that point.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and can you tell me what size I need exactly? I went to autoanything.com and looked at rotors but for an '04 they just have one size rotor. I dont want to end up in the same situation as before.

Also, any recommendations on the 'best bang for the buck' rotors and brake pads I am all ears.

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top