1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brand new 2013 Tacoma after 30 years

Discussion in 'New Members' started by the retired guy, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Jun 13, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    the retired guy

the retired guy [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    Well it is now 8:35 EST and no calls yet I will wait for another day if I do not hear by close of bussiness tomorrow lord help the factory guy when I call the corporate offices any one have a good number for up the food chain I will go and quick...

2. Jun 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    the retired guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    Well it has been 3 days and no one has called any one have a phone number for Corporate rep at Toyota this is crap....

3. Jun 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    Looks like theyre going to have a batch of bad head lights.

Toyota support line : 18003314331

4. Jun 16, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    the retired guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    Well update I was so angry on Friday night that no one called me I sent them a very mean spirited email. On Saturday I was getting my baby "Fluid Film" undercoated and I recieved 2 calls one from the service manager and one from the Owner to please call they offered to come get my truck and do something but I drove over there and they are putting in "2" new assemblies on Monday @ 8:00 gave me a $30.00 gas card for my gas The owner was pissed and I believe him. This does not happen at his dealership and we will fix it. PERIOD They say it takes about 4 hours so off to breakfast I will go. I will let you all know.

5. Jun 16, 2013 at 6:12 AM
    JCruiser

JCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Master Chief (E-9) USN (Ret)
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner SR-5 A/T 6Cyl
    Pioneer AVH P 2400BT, powder coated wheels, fog light mod, tail gate anti-theft, Classio leather seat covers, light bar with KC off-road lights, rocker panel protection strips, bed compartment door locks, addl. bed "D" rings, window tint & floor mats.

Like I have been telling these young people these days "don't piss off us old guys". We have plenty of time to spend telling plenty of people NOT to use such and such a service, or company. I think you did the right thing, but I also think the dealer/owner did the right thing telling you that this does not happen at his dealership. Sounds like he stands behind his product.

One thing I have found out where I live is that my local Toyota Dealer will price match service from anyone in the area. If you find jiffylube doing $15 oil changes, they will match it, but will use the Toyota filter and the proper oil. It must be a lost leader! I had a buddy that went to Brakes Plus and was quoted $450 for a complete new brake job all the way around, including lifetime pads. Toyota matched the price (normally $600)! You may want to ask your dealer about service price matching for in the future, then do what us old guys do.... coupons!

6. Jun 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    the retired guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    That is so true being retired I have all day every day to get what is FAIR I use coupons all the time. I wanted a remote start installed by the dealer and if they put it in before you take delivery it carries the same factory warranty 3 years or 36K when I was working the price I said oh yea there is a service coupon on line at your dealership for 15% off on remote starts the salesmen says we have coupons I told him us retired people live for coupons. So that saved me $50.00 and now I get the 3 year warranty.

7. Jun 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    You have a good dealership most of them would just say eff you moron you bought it we are done with you

8. Jun 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    the retired guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    Update on Monday they replaced both Head Light assemblies they think that the HID light kit that they installed before I took delivery and I wanted and paid for was the problem I am not so sure but time will tell. I got a GREAT deal the Firestone dealer across the street from the dealer had a Life time 4x wheel allingment on sale for $159.95 if you applied for the Firestone card it was only $129.95 I will never pay there interest rate but my brothen law takes his truck there every 2 or 3 months never a charge and it is good at all Firestone stores in the USA. I could not pass this deal up as 1 allingment is like $70.00 alone it is a computerised allingment and they said takes 45 min they offered to do it then but I will be back on Thursday to try them out. I wanted all of you to know I think this is a real good deal for all of us "Taco" Lovers LOL Rick...

9. Jun 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    the retired guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    What kind of car wash do you all use that you do not get water spots. I hate them I also want to know the best brand wax to use for my first waxing think it will be this week. My baby needs a good rub down. LOL

10. Jun 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    taco5661

taco5661 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Bristol Tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma double cab
    use meguiars crystal wash and meguiars wax any kind is good but go over it with that brand rubbing compound before wax and the paint will be smooth as glass

11. Jun 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    JCruiser

JCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Master Chief (E-9) USN (Ret)
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner SR-5 A/T 6Cyl
    Pioneer AVH P 2400BT, powder coated wheels, fog light mod, tail gate anti-theft, Classio leather seat covers, light bar with KC off-road lights, rocker panel protection strips, bed compartment door locks, addl. bed "D" rings, window tint & floor mats.
    My white truck was used when I got it last year (it is a 2005 access cab prerunner). I waxed and I cleaned...then I decided to find a coupon for a detail. There is a guy that used "Detailer's Dream" with his Dewalt polisher. Charged me $89 and he was done in 1-1/4 hours. He said he guaranteed it for at least a year. Suggested I used the most expensive Mequires car wash I can find. He said that it has polymers in the soap that will not strip the paint sealant and carnuba wax and that is what will keep it clean. He said, too, if I get sap on it, bring it to him rather than trying it myself. No charge for sap removal. However...if you get bird droppings, just lay a wet rag on it, let it sit for 10 min, then wash the truck as usual. Dont rub the bird droppings. He joked "if the fu-bird shits, wear it". Something about rubbing it removes the protection. This guy has been detailing since 1970 and was a trainer for blue coral and meguiers until he opened his own place in 2000.

Good luck

12. Jun 21, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    EF

EF Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off Road Blue Ribbon
    I am glad you got this fixed. I have one issue with the complaint against Toyota. You and or the dealer made the headlight not stock and i have no doubt the retro fit of an HID system could possibly allow moisture in or seal it up so tight the moisture cant vent. That being said hopefully they properly installed the HID kit in, but this is in no way a quality issue for Toyota because the factory headlights for the most part are doing fine 2012 up. Modifying a stock part and crying foul is a not a good thing and if the Toyota Rep came out he would have spotted the HID and told the dealer no warranty. Looks like the dealer recognized they had a hand in it and it may work out.

Long run if the issue continues you should scrap the HID since the factory headlights are very good stock or with an upgraded bulb like Phillips.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  13. Jun 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    the retired guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    Well you are right but I am disabled and there is NO way in Heck I could have done this retro. Tonight I just drove 12 miles with NO lights at all I sent a EMAIL take the HID lights out and I want a full reund. This is NOT a Toyota issue at all I have been to the dealer 4 times in 14 days and i am done. done done. Put the old lights back in PERIOD. This is a option they offered at the time of sale to me on their web sight I would have never ever had it done except by the dealer because it was a new truck.

14. Jun 21, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    Glad you got those lights fixed, and welcome from Raleigh! Formerly from Panama.:D

15. Jun 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    the retired guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    UPDATE Well when I got there 1 light worked one did not last night and this morning nothing the service dept agreed with me take the HID kit out so they replaced everything even the rubber boots and put new factory bulbs back in and will send me a refund. They say that they have installed over 20 HID kits in these little trucks but can not understand why I am having issues. I expressed I do not want to come back again ever for lights. I love my truck and do not want to have issues this is NOT a Factory issue at all it is a install or HID kit issue. I can NOT and will NOT hold this against "Toyota" at all. Thanks for letting a older person vent. LOL maybe now I can enjoy my "Taco"

16. Jun 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    the retired guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Corry, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Tacoma
    Only 4 days old
    what number is the upgrade bulb from phillips mine has high & Low beam in 1 bulb thanks for all the info everyone has given to me.

Products Discussed in

To Top