1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Breast Cancer

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by missileman125fw, Apr 6, 2009.

1. May 30, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    stay strong Jim! you and your family are in our thoughts

2. May 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Jim,
    It is good you are staying strong, the people who go through this look upon each other. Their is so much to say that a simple post or PM won't cover it. If we were face to face, getting the true meaning would stand out.
    You have my wife's numbers, if not PM me. I am sure she or I would be honored to share our experience with you in regard to this.
    Again the VERY best outcome for you all.

Bill

3. Jun 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    This past Thursday we had some great news. After the latest PET-Scan the cancer has shrunk at least by half in all parts of her body. The mass in her breast hasn't shrunk but the consistency has been cut in half. She had to get her blood drawn the next Friday to check her white count and stuff. She had an elevated temperature of 101*F (Not bad if you're not a cancer patient). Her portacathe was slightly red also. She was told to go to the emergency room. The ER doc said she might have an infection in her port and they admitted her at 3 PM on Friday. She finally got a private room at 12 midnight. They started pumping all kinds of antibiotics into her. They did some blood cutures to see if it was in her blood. Blood cutures take 72 hours by the way! All my mom wanted to do was go home. She doesn't want to be alone at the hospital either. So, someone has to stay with her the entire time. On top of the antibiotics they gave her two units of blood. My sister in law stayed with her the first night. I have stayed with her since noon Saturday. Let me say this about my mother, she is a very non cooperative patient. She is almost combative in nature. She thinks everyone is out to get her.:crazy: I spent most of today telling her that the doctors werent conspiring to get her! I had all I could take today. I called my wife and after a long day at work she came up to relieve me. I'm on my fifth drink of Vodka and Diet Pepsi so excuse the grammer and spelling (Charli). Hopefully she'll be home soon.
    Thanks for everybodies best wishes. I very much appriciate them. I am now going to make my sixth drinky!

4. Jun 22, 2009 at 6:03 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    So sorry your mom is having this problem on top of the rest. But real happy to hear that the tumors are shrinking. Prayers for you to have patience with your mom. I know it's tough... put yourself in her shoes :confused:

Rant away, we're here for you :)

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: For your mom and the rest of the family

5. Jun 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    make a 7Th drink Jim
    prayers sent for you and your family

6. Jun 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    First off, glad to hear the good news about the cancer shrinking. It's amazing what medicine and science can do these days! Sorry to hear that your Mom may have an infection but it sounds like they're on top of things at the hospital. I think older folks can get pretty uncooperative when people are trying to take care of them because they're used to being the ones taking care of others. My Dad was a pain in the butt when he had to go into the hospital and eventually a nursing home, but all of the nurses and aides loved him. I think they'd rather have somebody feisty than someone who just lays there complacently. You're a good man for spending so much time with her and your wife must be quite a woman too since she relieved you after working all day. It just shows families can get through these things if they all work together. More prayers for all of you and enjoy your vodka and Diet Pepsi. :pray:

7. Jun 23, 2009 at 3:35 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the update Jim. Continuing the prayers for you and the fam. You are a great man to to tough it through, and determined to help your mom. Blessings to you bro!!

8. Jun 23, 2009 at 3:40 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    my prayers will be with you and your family man. sorry to hear that. Just have faith in God and in your mom because there are people out there that can fight breast cancer. My aunt has fought it 3 times and is still having a battle.

9. Jun 23, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    Still sending prayers, and it's wonderful to hear the good news! She sounds a lot like my grandmother in in the being-a-patient department, except that mine always wanted everyone to go away and leave her alone, but we didn't for the sake of the hospital staff! (Oh, and your spelling and grammar are fine even for a guy who hasn't had a few! :D )

10. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    Iam glad things are takeing a turn for the better.

11. Jul 2, 2009 at 5:43 AM
    Hot Tamale

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    MM-Just thought I'd check in and see how things are going. How's your Mom feeling? Still giving the nurses a run for their money? Hope so, that shows spirit! :)

12. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    missileman125fw

Member:
    She's doing much better, thanks. We have a consult with the surgeon on Monday the 6th. We are just curious how long her hospital stay will be. After the last hospital stay, I'm a little nervous. She just wants to get this over with.
    She says that she has been having dreams about my dad. She sees him standing in a beautiful setting, like the mountains or at the beach and he looks like he is waiting for her. I'm not too sure what that means but I know she misses him alot.:(

13. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:42 AM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    Awesome that your mom is doing better Jim. Prayers will go in on the 6th for a smooth day.:)

14. Jul 2, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    thats great news jim happy to hear it
    prayers

15. Jul 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    missileman125fw

Member:
    I went with my mom to see the surgeon today. They are going to do a mastectomy next week. Another surgeon is going to remove her uterus during the same operation. She then will have two more rounds of chemo.

16. Jul 6, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    Can you be sure and post when the times/days are gonna be Jim. I'm sure many would like to be able to pray at that time and day of the surgery. Thanks dude. Yer mom's going on my pocket prayer list again now.

17. Jul 6, 2009 at 2:38 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    I just noticed this thread. Way late to the game here but I'm happy to hear that things are looking up!

More support for ya, Jim!

18. Jul 6, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    As always our thoughts and prayers are with your mom and your family and especially you at these difficult times. God Bless

19. Jul 6, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    Hot Tamale

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    MM-Thanks for the update. Please be sure to keep us up to date. Thoughts and prayers will be with your Mom and your family. :pray:

20. Jul 6, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :pray: Iv'e lost many family members to the "C*NT" that is cancer...I wish the best for you and you mom :pray:

To Top