1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

brown gas - run your car with water.com

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 08TacomaDC, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Mar 19, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    08TacomaDC

08TacomaDC [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab sr5 4x4
    Has anyone heard of this? Supposedly it's some kind of gas produced through electrolysis, but they didn't say it was Hydrogen. They had news clips about it and showed it installed and working. Supposedly it injects the gas produced into the air intake and it's used as a fuel additive and stretches your fuel consumption. It states that it can increase mileage around 50%. The guy that is working on it is working with the military to produce a hummer that can run on gas and water. Anyone know anything more on this or that has tried the modification out. A guy I work with is going to try the mod on a junker car he's got.

2. Mar 19, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I get to be the first person to declare this to be snake oil! :D

3. Mar 20, 2008 at 2:31 AM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    I see stuff like this all the time and have the same reaction........BS.

Also, many people think alternative fuels are better than gazzz. But for instance, jump on a bandwagon without realizing that those fuels don't help engines in the long run.

Remember gas also lubricates. Other fuels may be easier to produce but they don't help in engine longevity and thus engines wear out and don't last as long, meaning, more engines have to be made.

4. Mar 20, 2008 at 4:09 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    You also have to compare energy in with energy out. Just because something can work, that doesn't mean it's more efficient. Hydrogen Fuel Cells are a good example. The fuel cells turn hydrogen into electricity which powers the car. Nice and clean. The problem is in obtaining the hydrogen. You lose about 40% of the electrical energy you put into making the hydrogen. Then you turn around and convert it back into the energy you used to make it in the first place. It'd be more efficient to simply pump the electricity into a battery.

Brown's Gas may work great for welds because the cost of making the gas is outweighed by the benefit of the weld. That doesn't mean it'll make a good fuel for an internal combustion engine.

Products Discussed in

To Top