1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brush Guards

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Menametony, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    Menametony

Menametony [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    Can you guys post pictures? i want one but not exactly sure what to get... if you dont know.. im not mechanically inclined... =( but in time i will learn... any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks
    Tony

2. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Here is one on LongHornTaco's truck. I am sure he will chime in shortly...

[​IMG]

3. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    colvilletacoma

colvilletacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Washington
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma
    OME 886 Coils, Bilstein 5100's in Front, Tuff Country in Rear, Custom Racks with winch built in
    that light bar is photoshoped on there......? Why? It would look good with one though

4. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
  5. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    The one on the roof is photoshopped on cause I'm "thinking" of having something like that made - just not sure. The brush guard isn't photoshopped, but the lights on it are different than what I have.

6. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM
    colvilletacoma

colvilletacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Washington
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma
    OME 886 Coils, Bilstein 5100's in Front, Tuff Country in Rear, Custom Racks with winch built in
    oh well I think it will look damn good with the light bar up there on some racks or a custom rack, just curious of what was going on, haha. Man i love the color of your trucks!

7. Jan 4, 2009 at 5:57 PM
    Menametony

Menametony [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    where did you get that longhorn? i like that brush guard.. i want to see more options though =D... it make the truck way meaner... haha here's a question for you... we got the same truck.. yours modded... mine is still stock... did you get a skid plate for the bottom of the truck? you think we would even need one?

8. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    I ordered the brush guard off Amazon.com. Quite a bit cheaper than buying from a local shop.

I haven't bought skids yet, but I'm seriously considering a full set of Bud Builts. It'll probably be the last major mod to my truck for a while, but I think it's a good investment since I plan to wheel it more. Might get a bumper at some point to improve approach clearance, but so far I'm not nuts about how most of them look. The only skid plate I have is the stock piece of aluminum foil, but I painted it red... :)

9. Jan 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, but it looks so nice!! :)

I'm not opposed to replacing the brush guard for another bumper, but I want more than just a plate bumper. Also don't want to lose my lights...

Just checked Road Armor's site and they have front and rear bumpers for the Tacoma! Expensive as hell, but look much better than many others...

[​IMG]

Their bumper with full guard looks like ass, but I like the look of this one.

10. Jan 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    medicwithtattoos

medicwithtattoos Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD
    Bull Bar, Running Boards, Off Road Lights, Lights, Brake Light Strip, Tonneau Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Intake, K&N filter, Flow Master Dual Exhaust, Bed Extender, Metal Control Pedals, Goliath Black / Polished Rims, Coppers 265/60/R18
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Jan 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM
    G-Sak

G-Sak Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Offroad SR5 DC 6 speed
    FX-R Projector Retrofit with Apollo Shrouds, Digital HID 55 watt ballasts, D2S Philips 85122+ bulbs in the Winter and Digital HID 55w 5k bulbs in the summer, Bakflip G2, Pop N Lock, Tint, Grillcraft with PIAAs behind it, ScanguageII and a few audio/video upgrades.
    ^^^ I agree! Do they make that bumper with a pre-runner bar? That might look nice. :)

12. Jan 4, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    I saw a picture of one with a prerunner bar about a month ago, but that was before they started officially offering them. I was hoping to see that too. I'm thinking about contacting them, seeing if they'll put one on...

Products Discussed in

To Top