1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brute Box Cooler - 55QT Review

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Muy Grande, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Apr 2, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Just picked up my Brute Box Cooler from a local guy (Denis in North Richland Hills) and let me tell you I'm impressed!

I didn't really need a new cooler because my $25 Walmart Special has lasted my 10+ yrs (yes take good care of my stuff), but I wondered into Bass Pro this past weekend and was looking at the Yeti and the new Igloo Yukon coolers and asked myself "Why would anyone spend $300+ on a freaking ice chest"! Well I started to do some research (aka surf the web) and I noticed that Brute Box was being mentioned with the likes of Yeti so I went to their website http://www.bruteoutdoors.com and checked out the videos. I also read some reviews on Texas Fishing Forum and Texas Bow Hunters. After reviewing and reading up on them......I had to have one.

I picked up the 55QT White Brute Cooler. This to me is a perfect size compared to the Yeti 45Q that cost $299 and is smaller and the Igloo Yukon 50Q which is also smaller but bigger than the Yeti but is also alot heavier and cost $329.

I'm going to put some coupon codes here that will save you $25 on shipping or if your local save $25 off the total cost.

1. TBHD25OFF (from Texas Bow Hunters)
    2. CATCHCATFISH (from the Catfish forum - also great review on there and talks about the cable secure feature)
    2. SAVE25 (from Texas Fishing Forum)

I paid $188.36 w/coupon and I definitely think it is worth it. I plan to use this cooler for all my UT and Cowboys tailgates. When I'm out at Port Mansfield or SPI fishing or better yet when I'm drinking all night with my father in law.

I am also going to put a very nice TOY - Yoda sticker on it.

The only downside to this cooler is that it does not have a hole to secure it but that problem can easily be solved by drilling a hole in the handle and using the Master Lock Python cable lock (which has been ordered via Amazon for $8).

I'll post some pics tonight.

Here is a referral link: http://bruteoutdoors.refr.cc/XL2TX3N

Even if they didn't have this, I would still refer (you can still use the coupon codes).

2. Apr 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Revised....I originally had an issue with the first box I bought that had a bad seal. Denis replaced the box and I've been a happy camper ever since.

Products Discussed in

To Top