1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bugshield

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Silver 10, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jan 10, 2010 at 4:41 AM
    Silver 10

Silver 10 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5 DBL Cab 4x4
    Nitto Terra Grapplers, Leer XL100 cap , Cabelas Bug shield , Tinted windows, Bed Mat, Husky Floor Liners front and rear, seat belt mod, Rear TSB, K&N Air filter
    I know this is a pretty beat up topic but im fairly new and wanted to give my opinion. First off I like the look of them and feel they do offer some protection. After reading all the different things here I purchased one but definately stayed away from the toyota shield. I purchased mine from Cabelas as it comes with there logo on it. However it comes from a company called stampede in IA somewhere. It has 4 mounting points which are in the holes in the hood already, no steel mounts. It is very similar to the lund interceptors. You use inserts in the holes and then the 4 screws with washers. It is slightly adjustable from side to side so it is centered well. It flows great with the hood and took a total of about 15 mins to put on. I just did it last nite so no pics. It looks great and Im thinkin it will help my short wife see where the end of the truck sort of is. When I get a chance I will get some pics.

Products Discussed in

To Top