1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

build a JBL wiring harness?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Zombie Runner, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    So I want to change out the H/U in my truck but still wanna use the jbl speakers and amp but I dont wanna pay 100 bucks for a shitty wiring harness.

has anyone made their own or could point me in the right direction on how to do so? Im pretty decent with wiring stereos but it would be nice if someone already did it and could help.
    :help:

2. Jan 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM
    billyjoe

billyjoe Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    The attached doc lays out the connections for the JBL wiring harness. This info was derived from the 05/06 wiring manual:

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/files/05FSM/wiring.html

It's a work in progress - still need to incorporate 2009+ changes such as where the microphone (for Bluetooth) gets connected as well as confirm ALL signals for the "Main" connector on rear of radio (R1). Incidently, the pin #'s (for R1) shifted to the right denote "confirmed". I have yet to pay the $15 necessary to access Toyota's online Tech reference to get the 09+ changes. Hope this helps. :)

Attached Files:

3. Jan 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    A7XT

A7XT Reppin UWYO

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WYOMING
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport V6 Silver
    BRUTEFORCE FAB HYBRID BUMPER!, 1.5 AAL, 5100 at 2.5" in front, foglight and DRL mod, fully de-badged, diff-breather mod, aux backup lights, rear view switch on mod, full husky floor liners, yellow wire mod, black action packer toolbox, Rockford P3SD412 sub on a hifonics Zues, Pioneer 4200DVD, hitch recovery shackle, Toyota Ski racks over bed, 55W Bixenon 6000K, Rigid 4" LED bars on bumper, Black Ultra Thunder 17" rims
    I might try to do the same thing as the scosche ta07sr is a major piece of shit. With these diagrams I might be able to come up with somethin thanks a ton billyjoe!

4. Jan 10, 2011 at 3:52 AM
    bookmonke

bookmonke Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC PreRunner Rugged Trail
    I could be wrong but I thought that JBL interface box was like a pre-amp and did some either analog to digital or vice versa to the signal, but that you could use the cheaper JBL bypass harness to still use the speakers, just not the JBL amp. This harness just let you go from HU to plug at the JBL amp output.

Products Discussed in

To Top