1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

<<BUILD OR BUY Fully assembled AR-15>>

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by sandman427, May 27, 2011.

1. May 27, 2011 at 1:52 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    OK so i have made my decision to buy an AR 15 over buying another 1911.... but i cant decide whether I wanna build one or buy one fully assembled..???
    Thoughts.... What are the pros and cons between building it and Buying one fully assembled ????

2. May 27, 2011 at 2:00 AM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    cheaper to build, plus you can add the things you want instead of swapping out parts in the pre-built for what you want.

3. May 27, 2011 at 2:47 AM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    I bought my first, a Colt carbine, (heck of a deal, a case of ammo, sling, and case for $900.00) I'm planning a build very soon for my second. I'm not sure that you can save money on a build, but, you will have a much better gun that's set-up just the way you want it.

4. May 27, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    you can buy one and be good to go or build one and have wait times on shipping but you can basically build it to your liking however you want. its like putting together a sweet lego kit!

5. May 27, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Building is easy and it helps you learn how the gun works and how to diagnose function issues. Building also lets you have the exact features you want.

I'd recommend making a list of what you want in a barrel, handguard, buttstock and grip and then think about what level of quality you want. If you just want a plinker and aren't into all the tactical best-of stuff, you can save money by buying something like a DPMS Oracle or Sportical. If you want all the tacticool stuff, price it out at a site like midwayusa and then compare to something like a Daniel Defense fully-built carbine and see if the $$ difference makes sense.

It varies widely based on what you want. For instance, you can get a $20 MagPul Moe handguard that is durable and good looking, or you can spend $400 for a KAC free float quad rail handguard. And there are 50 or 100 options in between.

6. May 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    well im looking at the spikes tactical lower receiver... is that a good place to start???

7. May 27, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
  8. May 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    yes. dont get hosed with cali prices or by a crooked dealer though. for a striped spikes lower you should be paying around 100 bucks. One guy on here paid over 200 for his...

Products Discussed in

To Top