1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bull bar choice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bearskill, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Dec 12, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Im looking at the Smitty Built Black bull bar at 4wheelparts.com. Im about to order it, but does anyone know why it's only $150 with free lights and the Weston (which looks identical) is $350 or so?

2. Dec 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    iTacozz

iTacozz Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I had experience with Smitty and its very poor quality... Smitty = $hitty
    I had a pair of black powder coated step bars for my truck and they rusted to hell. It was not due to lack owner maintenance but the poor quality of the product.... You do get what you pay for imo

3. Dec 12, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    why do you want a bull bar? for light a light bar would be better. people complain about little fender benders with bull bars and that they do more damage than harm.

Products Discussed in

To Top