1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bull Bars R US

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Oxian, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Oct 16, 2007 at 12:31 AM
    Oxian

Oxian [OP] Carolina Alliance: Overseas Division

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD 2wd long bed
    After Market-Halo angel-eye headlights, Westin Bull bar (black) w/ 6" hella 500's, TRD Cat-back, 17" Motometals with T/A KOs.
    Hey guys, Bull bars is the topic,

What kind do you have?

Do yo like it?

Pros/Cons?

Got a Pic?

Everyone and anyone looking for visual upgrades for their truck dont get the chance to ask these questions when ordering out of a magazine.

Im not innocent either. Im looking arround and i see all these westin and aries bars, (well hearing about them), and just want to get a general isea where to start.

Show me yours and i will show you mine! (when I get back and its all done):eek:

2. Oct 16, 2007 at 2:34 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i love my aries polished stainless bull bar.(no pics yet of it unfortunately), and i think it looks better than the westins..........mine has the grinded down and polished welds, while the westin covers them up with some plastic cap things.......just my opinion though. and its alot cheaper than the westins also.

i got mine here..........

http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=52743&ProductId=127062

plus, my hella 500's fit in there rather awesomely!!! i'll try to put up some pics before too long.

3. Oct 16, 2007 at 7:03 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I opted for the Hunter4x4 bull bar. It is quite a bit different than the Westin or Aries. A lot cheaper too. It does not have the skid plate. I put a pair of 100W ProComp 6" spotlights on it. I had to make some custom brackets though to get the 6" lights to fit. The stock brackets are really designed for 5" lights. The install is a breeze.

http://www.hunter4x4.com/bull.html (manufacturer)

http://www.popularlink.com/lights/i...ake=Toyota&model=05-07+Tacoma&type=Double+Cab (reseller)

Let us know what you end up with....

4. Oct 16, 2007 at 8:41 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Ive got the aries bullbar in black with a hellas up front, its awesome the more light the better and i too got mine from 4wheelonline.com well worth it and alot cheaper than westin check out my pics to take a look. No cons as of yet.

5. Oct 16, 2007 at 9:30 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Where did you get it in black? I only found it in polished steel at two diff places.

6. Oct 16, 2007 at 10:41 PM
    Oxian

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    After Market-Halo angel-eye headlights, Westin Bull bar (black) w/ 6" hella 500's, TRD Cat-back, 17" Motometals with T/A KOs.
    This is great stuff. I like the Hunter4x4. I live in TX and i like the spot it puts the license plat at. Kinda hidden but there. But i have a couple monthes yet befor it goes on. I have a friend looking after it for me, and im going to try to ship all the parts to him and have the dealer do all the work for me before i get back. I have about 5 things to be done now and think i better stop at that. lol. i will have pics up by feb, as the work will be done in Dec.

7. Oct 17, 2007 at 5:07 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Yeah, thats one reason why I like the Hunter4x4. I also have a front plate. I will be looking forward to the pictures....

8. Oct 17, 2007 at 7:06 PM
    TJOPILOT

TJOPILOT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westin Bull Bar I've had for 2 years. I love it. I'm ready to try and get something else but I can't find anything I like nearly as much. I got it on Ebay for the best price. Good luck!

DSC04002_4aaf87ed9f7fed58908db6b7c7fe4b6cee95414b.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Oct 18, 2007 at 6:57 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Hey TJO, long time no see. Where have you been? Just hanging out on the ole Deleware soaking up the rays?

10. Oct 18, 2007 at 7:29 AM
    Oxian

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    This Bar is only $169.00.... Holy Cow! AND free shipping. Im impressed.

What did you have to do to the brackets. I have done very little custom work, so i wuld be interested in how you did it and what you had to do. My last truck was a 87 ranger, so i couldnt keep my head our from under the hood lond enough to do anything to the truck. lol

11. Oct 18, 2007 at 5:13 PM
    TJOPILOT

Member:
    Hey ND!! I still have 20 more ships to do over the next 2 weeks. I owe you guys some pics of my new sunroof!!! SOON!! Hope all is well.

12. Oct 18, 2007 at 5:17 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

hey bro, you still gonna try to make it to the carolinas tacoma meet when we have it???

13. Oct 18, 2007 at 7:05 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    I just had a guy at work make me a couple new brackets. They are just a piece of stainless bent in a 90 degree angle with a hole drilled in each side. The ones that came with the bull bar were too long to fit a 6 inch light. The 6 inch lights were a very tight fit. Actually, I think the bar would look better with 5" lights. I think KC makes a nice 5" round light that would be perfect.

14. Oct 19, 2007 at 7:33 AM
    TJOPILOT

Member:
    Hey Tacoman06, damn right I'm in! My truck will finally be done and I'll be ready to break it in. I'm sure we'll have a caravan of Tacos heading down 95south! You Carolina boys just name the time and the place. :)

15. Oct 19, 2007 at 8:14 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    TJO: glad to have you back, i definately want to see the pics of your new roof. Any complaints so far? What are your first impressions?

Tacomaman: We gotta get this meet up in the next few months. I'd love to know a caravan of Taco's is coming down from up north to play in our back yard! I guess we need to go ahead and start planning so we can give plenty of notice so people can make it out.

16. Oct 19, 2007 at 4:21 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

yeah, its gonna be kick ass man!!! we are gonna go ahead and plan 4 the spring meet,and i posted on the off topic part of the taco meet when uwharrie reopens after their winter break. i think its gonna be either april or may.

17. Oct 20, 2007 at 10:19 PM
    gegundez

gegundez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Prerunner Dcab
    Overpriced stereo and alarm. MBRP Dual Exhaust.
    Hunter bullbar in black. Really cheap on EBAY.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  18. Oct 26, 2007 at 8:50 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Rhoppas,

Would you be albe to post an up close head on picture of your truck with the hunter bar on it. I am leaning toward one of those for my truck, but would like to see it full on with the lights mounted before making a decision.

19. Oct 26, 2007 at 9:02 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    I can definitely do that for you Adam. I will try to get the pic up tonight. Do you intend to use it with a front license plate? If not, I will try to remove my plate so you get the proper view of what it would look like on your truck...

20. Oct 26, 2007 at 9:12 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Yea, we are stuck with front plates here in Jersey too, but I already have my plate mounted to the front bumper, so since I already have holes there I don't really want to re-locate it if I can possible avoid it. Long answer short. As it is with the front plate attached where you have it will be fine.

Thank you I appreciate it.

Products Discussed in

To Top