1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bulldog Canyon 8-16-11

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by biborado, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Sep 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    biborado

biborado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 4x4
    I know this is last minute but I'm heading over to the Ranger's off in Mesa to get a permit and do a little wheeling on the south side entrance if anyone wants to join..going to head that way from the west side at around 2:00PM

2. Sep 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM
    CurboCycles

CurboCycles Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curtis
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BLACOMA
    AFE CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Donahoe Racing 2.5" Coilovers, all-pro 3" leaf springs, 5100s, 17" Method wheels, 285 Terra Grapplers, Avid step bars, scooped hood, painted bumper, debadged, black grill and Toy symbol.
    Careful. About 3 years ago i was putting around out there and 5 teenagers on dirtbikes came whipping around a corner. All but one miraculously dodged my truck. The one that hit me cracked my bumper, busted my fog light, and bounced into a cactus. After peeling him off the cactus I got his info and contacted him and his insurance to fix the damage on my truck....

.....and you guessed it. I never got a cent. Had to fix everything on my own dime, not to mention I almost got in a fight with him and his friends just to get his info.

3. Sep 16, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    almost everywhere you go in az there will be dirtbikes. everywhere that i have ever taken my truck on here i have ridden my dirtbike on. its just something to be careful of like you said, but dont stress over it.

i have almost hit several trucks on my bike. one time i ended up in a giant bush and it took me, my friend, and the driver of the truck 30 mins to get my bike out of.. sucked lol

4. Sep 16, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    A month late? LOL 20 minutes notice? Double LOL

I love Bulldog Canyon. Great spot. Haven't been back there since I had an old RAV4 4x4 with stock tires. Couldn't get traction to get up a couple of the hills and always wanted to go back out there.

5. Sep 16, 2011 at 5:21 PM
    biborado

biborado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Sorry for the mix up guys...i realized I put august but it was already too late.

Today was pretty fun...ended up getting the gate code for bulldog canyon and playing around on some if the steep inclines...got bored (thanks to atrac) and thought I'd head out to butcher jones to check it out. Never been there so I was taking my time driving through and I see this guy walking back to the main road with a giant pick axe...so I ask him what was up

Turns out this guy high centered his chevy at 10am and has been trying to get out ever since! I hooked up my tow strap and pulled him out in 2 minutes. The guy had been out there for 7 hours!

Tacoma 1
    Silverado 0

6. Sep 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Damn, its a good thing you went out to BJ. Who knows how long the guy could have been out there.

7. Sep 17, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    One more reason not to go 4x4ing in a long bed double cab full size truck. I am suprised some of those things dont high center on speed bumps in parking lots...

Products Discussed in

To Top