1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bumper Trouble

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoman101, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:02 AM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    I'm replacing my current bumper right now due to the prevoius owner hitting a median and denting it. It looks bad, so I'm getting a new one. I can't afford to spend the money for the off-road bumpers, nor do I really need one. So I've been looking for some factory bumpers on Ebay and have found this one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...ta|Model:Tacoma|Year:2001&hash=item35b1a09e48

It comes with everything I need, but I was unsure what the little reinforcement bar was. I don't think my Tacoma right now has one. I am assuming that this little bar is a good thing, but I don't know. Do you guys think this is a good bumper to get? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    Enigmaaron

Enigmaaron All your soul are belong to us

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    1st gen superiority
    Not sure if that eBay one is a good deal or not, but you should try posting in the 1st gen marketplace to see if someone who upgraded to an off road bumper has one they want to get rid of. Or post up in your region, maybe get lucky and someone nearby has one laying around then you don't have to deal with shipping. Also check craigslist.

3. Apr 26, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    bronkin

bronkin Active Member

Member:
    Mooresville, NC
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road
    Bed exender, leather seats, weather tech floor mats, extra d-rings.
    I'm seeing some rust on the lower edges of my bumpers. It is worse on the left and seems to be near the chrome edge as it wraps to the back of the unfinished side of the bumper. The truck is less than a year old so the next time I'm at the dealer I'll get it checked. Has anyone else had trouble with the chrome rusting so fast? I live in North Carolina so there is little salt on the roads.

4. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    Thanks...I'll put a post up

Products Discussed in

To Top