1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Busted leaf spring... lift help, set me straight!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kharv3st, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Apr 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    kharv3st

kharv3st [OP] Member

Member:
    08, AC, 4x4, SR5, 2TR-FE, Manual Trans

I noticed tonight that one of my passenger side rear leafs has snapped in half just in front of the u-bolt. The truck does not sag at all, who knows how long I have been driving it this way. I am going to consider it an acceptable risk to drive it carefully for the next week until I weigh out my repair options (I don't have much of a choice). If the other leaf snaps, I am in deep shit, my prepared reaction will be to not brake and coast to a stop.

Looks like I'm replacing the leaf-pack, at the very least. I was eventually going to install a modest lift. I imagine if I am replacing one leaf pack, the wise thing to do is replace both (both surprisingly corroded for an 08, it was a northern vehicle). If I'm replacing both, might as well lift a few inches.

I want to keep my budget under 1000$ diy, and obviously I'm going to need spring packs. If this isn't doable, someone set me straight now and I will sadly fork up the cash for stock leafs...

2. Apr 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Get the dakar leaf packs, they is nice.

Products Discussed in

To Top