1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buy new tires in 4s

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jandrews, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Sep 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    jandrews

jandrews [OP] Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    So I took the daily driver in for a pair of new shoes a couple weeks ago because the rear left had a slow leak and the sidewall had warped, resulting in a wicked vibration above 30 mph that was very annoying.

Was satisfied with the job, but of course didn't check that they actually put the new tires on the rear, assuming that they would know that by default (this was the Firestone auto "care" center after all).

Was checking the tire pressure on the vehics today and noticed the tread...two new tires on the front :frusty:

Went BACK to the damn Firestone place and told the guys at the front desk, with receipt in hand, that they had put my two new tires on the front. Blank stares. Repeated this. Blank stares again. Asked if they understood why this was a problem. Blank stares. EXPLAINED why it was a problem, and they got right on the rotation, no charge, bumping me to the front of the line.

Moral of the story:

Inspect ANY work you have done by ANYONE, because you make an ASS out of U and ME when you ASSUME.

Better yet, save yourself the headache, and just get new shoes in 4s (5s if full size spare).

Products Discussed in

To Top