1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buy Recommendation

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ohdrj1all, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Apr 30, 2011 at 6:50 AM
    ohdrj1all

ohdrj1all [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 XtraCab 4x4 SR5 2.7L 5spd
    Okay, so I am in the market for a Tacoma and would like some advice from seasoned Tacoma owners!:D

4WD is a must, but after that things get kind of... hazy. Here's my criteria of importance.

1) Long Term Reliability/Durability (which is why I am looking at a Toyota in the first place... this will be a truck we keep for many years)

2) Fuel Economy (the better... the better... will be a commuter vehicle as well as and economical camping vehicle)

3) Price (obviously this is important, but I am willing to pay a bit for a more reliable/durable vehicle that gets decent mileage)

4) Must haul 3 passengers in reasonable comfort (one of which is a 7yr old at the moment... we have a Jeep Commander for hauling lots of folks if needed)

5) Cargo (may put a camper shell on it and would be nice if it was long enough to sleep in)

6) Towing (minor towing, a quad trailer, or a small popup camper at the most, Jeep Commander has 1/2 ton pickup towing capacity if needed)

Also, with 20/20 hindsight, is there anything that you wished you'd have gotten on your truck now that you've had it for a while?

So if you were a Toyota dealer salesman and I just walked onto your lot, what Tacoma would you show me?:)

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top