1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying 3" lift kit- Revtek or Toytec?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Lunercrab, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Apr 30, 2008 at 9:07 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    Ok so this is the first truck i'm going to lift...i have an 06 Dcab sport 6spd...Since i do alot of towing (camper) and hauling i decided to go with a coil kit with AAL...there are two that i'm looking into...

the revtek kit:
    or the toytec kit (Part # OME3-05-AL):
    basically i'm looking for opinions on which of these kits are better...the revtek is cheaper, but i dont' want that to sway my decision either...also i read somewhere that you should also purchase a differential drop...i know the cv can wear with the lift...so is it something i really should invest in as well?...sorry if this topic has been asked already :(

2. May 5, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    jdsouthpaw

jdsouthpaw Crazee Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Pre-Runner
    3" lift, Pro Comp 1079 wheels, 33" mud terrains, NFAB pre-runner bar, KC lights, Flowmaster Super 44, AEM air intake
    Extreme Truck Toys has a 3" billet aluminum spacer lift with Pro-Comp AAL and a diff. drop kit for $189.99 shipped to your door. My buddy installed this lift on hi '06 and loves it. I just ordered it for my'02.

etremetrucktoys.com

3. May 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    from what i understand of add-a-leafs...is that the longer the better...makes the ride a bit less harsh i think

i know wheelers offers a 3 leaf aal for the 05+...which is what i run on my 02...supposed to be even nicer and less "stiff"

i havent driven a truck with a single aal but i know my truck rides like stock with the saws and 3leaf aal

4. Aug 15, 2009 at 2:42 PM
    DBK4

DBK4 Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Off Road LIFTED
    3inch. lift, with bilstien shocks, XD series rims, K&N air filter system
    dont go with add a leafs on 05s and up the guy who owned my truck befor i did but one on and the ride is way to stiff it bounces of everything i am actually planning on taking it out cause of how bad it is

5. Aug 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    Look at my gallery. I am extremely happy with my toytec. I went with the ultimate kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top