1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying a Tacoma In Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by AFButters, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Feb 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM
    AFButters

AFButters [OP] Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    My Mom has let me know that she wants to get a Tacoma For my Dad for his birthday/ anniversary... Atleast put the down payment on it for him.. he has been driving a Chevy Cavalier for over 5 years.. he had to sell his Maxima (Fully Loaded) back in 03 to help free up some Debt to help me go to college.

So I am looking to see what kind of deals you guys got on your Tacomas..

2. Feb 6, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    Hmm.....do what Chris4x4 did to negotiate the price on his truck.

3. Feb 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    what was that

4. Feb 6, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    Called 3 different dealers, on 3 different phones, at the same time and negotiated the best price for a truck he wanted.

5. Feb 6, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    PaulVthe3

PaulVthe3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Got mine from Round Rock toyota great deal on it! My wife went to build your own Toyota and typed in what I wanted then it gave her a list of possibles. She googled the VIN's from the web site and it told her what dealership the truck was at. We then got on Round Rocks dealer site and found the truck and then she looked at the right hand side menu and it says "Name Your Price" She put typed in $26,000 and the sales man replied with $24,500! He gave us a WAY lower price than what we expected! I called him up and told him Im driving 3.5 hours for this deal if its not there or you pull my leg in any way YOU WILL REGRET IT! Dude he had the truck sitting in the showroom and all the paperwork other than what I had to sign was legit. I didnt put a dime down and I was out of there quicker than a cat could lick his rear! I was VERY Pleased with them and I highly reccomend them!

6. Feb 8, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    was thinking about getting a speedway blue toyota tacoma 2006 dc for about 17k, it had about 51k miles on it though, dont know if the trucks still at the lot because i test drove it about a month and a half ago so yeah if your looking around the guys name is paul garcia toyota of san antonio or something like that:D

7. Feb 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    oh shit i just noticed North Carolina, i thought you lived in Texas, my bad:(

8. Feb 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Parents live in Frisco.. so probobly looking around the DFW area..

9. Feb 8, 2009 at 1:43 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    That's genius...

10. Feb 16, 2009 at 12:09 PM
    DNahas

DNahas Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 OR
    I picked mine up from Jim McNatt in Denton. I am not sure what current deals they are offering. I can tell you they did a great job locating the exact one I wanted and provided a much better purchase experience than even shopping at dealers much closer to my house.

JimMcNattToyota@gmail.com bounces straight to the Sales manager. Use 940-239-6401 as a phone number to bypass the automated operator and get straight to a live person.

11. Feb 16, 2009 at 3:09 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Well, while I was out of town my dad desided to make the move on his own and bought a 2009 F150 Access Cab.. It is pretty nice I have to say, minus the being a Ford part. The only things im suprised he didnt get was bigger Wheels and Leather.

The dealer was offering all kinds of money off and he made an offer, and then dropped it on them that his company gets a discount, so he got that docked off his offer.. so he made it out pretty clean

12. Apr 29, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    KE5YLF

KE5YLF Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner SR5
    Luggage rack Yaesu FT-8800
    San Marcos Toyota. No hassles. I've bought three vehicles from them. Service dept. (if you ever need it) is superlative.

KE5YLF

13. Jun 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    I know, replying to this thread is now a moot point since his dad bought a truck, but what the heck.

Hey PaulVthe3 -

I'm glad you had a good experience with Round Rock, I'm just wondering who you dealt with. I bought my first Taco from them because they gave it to me for $1000 under invoice to try and get my business. I had tried shopping there before but they always want to pull the back-and-forth crap with the stupid payment amount after I already told them what I would pay them for the vehicle. They listened to me that one time. Before and since then it has been the same thing over and over.

So, I drive from Georgetown to Waco, Jeff Hunter Toyota. I have a standing deal of $500 over invoice with those guys. I find the vehicle on the internet site, call them and tell them which one it is, and they have it and the paperwork ready by the time I get there, in and out. They don't even dicker with what I ask for on my trade (which is always high, but I take good care of my yotas). They even sent me a $50 check once when I referred somebody.

I don't think I will ever even call Round Rock again, it is just too frustrating. Compared to other Austin Toyota dealers, though, their sales department is the best. Their service department is also good, but all I have had them do is tire rotations and a recall ball-joint replacement on my old Tundra.

I haven't tried San Marcos, though . . . but Waco is easier for me. I think you'll always have a better experience at the smaller-town dealerships.

Products Discussed in

To Top