1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying a used Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MCClapYoHandz, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Apr 21, 2016 at 7:47 AM
    MCClapYoHandz

MCClapYoHandz [OP] Member

Member:
    Hi everyone, I'm a year out of college and I am headed off to grad school this fall. So I don't have a ton of expendable income, but I've been fairly responsible and saved a decent amount and have a good credit score. Anyway, Im nervous about buying a used truck, even if it is a Tacoma. The one in particular that I'm looking at is an '09 with 89k on it, V6, 4x4, SR5. The dealer is asking $16,600. It looks healthy, no accidents, but i can see some rust on the underbelly, I'm by no means an expert so its hard for me to judge how much is "too much" rust. There is a recall out for the rear leaf springs, the dealer said they will be replacing them, however the parts wont be arriving from Toyota until August. I also want to take it to a third party mechanic to get an additional inspection, but aside from doing that I was hoping to get some advice from you guys on things to look of for, things to check, etc. Is this a good deal? Or should I keep looking?

2. Apr 21, 2016 at 7:54 AM
    QChawks

QChawks Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport, IA
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport DCLB
    I have the same truck with almost identical miles. Outside of frame rust and leaf springs you should be alright.

other problems i've had were a slipping driveshalf and squeaking blower motor.

Products Discussed in

To Top