1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying this Tacoma!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by gunnyz39, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Apr 3, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    gunnyz39

gunnyz39 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Elusive Elements Grille & Behind Grille Lightbar, Tacoma-World sticker + 10 hp
    Wow, i looked over everything again, this time on my computer.. It looks like a not - good - shape truck. no wonder why they were so negotiable over the phone. turns out its been sitting at the lot for over a month as well.

glad i got some other insight into this one, thanks guys! Really appreciate not making a 13000 dollar mistake. yikes.

DAMN the search continues.

2. Apr 3, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    They probably paid $7,000 for it or less. I would offer them $10,000 if it is something you want.

3. Apr 3, 2011 at 11:59 PM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    If you still are considering this truck (or any truck for that matter) I would ask the dealer to take some more pics with closeups. Have them shoot pics all around the truck and undercarriage. If there is really nothing to hide they should be willing to send you more pictures. Write down any questions you have before calling them because it is easy to get sidetracked and lose focus when talking over the phone.

Good luck with your search

4. Apr 4, 2011 at 12:25 AM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    How on earth would this truck be considered [by trade-in/selling standards] in Excellent condition?!

Also, I thought TW was in consensus that NADA Guides was a better site to actually value a vehicle, because KBB overvalues the vehicles...

I wouldn't touch that particular truck for anywhere near that price. No doubt they got a STEAL on that truck, so they'd have no problem selling it for twice what they paid for it.

5. Apr 4, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    gunnyz39

gunnyz39 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Elusive Elements Grille & Behind Grille Lightbar, Tacoma-World sticker + 10 hp
    Yea, this particular truck has thoroughly scared me away. And the dealers inability to take more photos has me beyond concerned.

Like I said I really appreciate everyones help and input, I do.

I can hold out for something nice , it will just take some time.

And I heard that kbb is in cahoots with dealerships by overpricing cars and trucks. Edmunds has the truck at closer to 11000, but still with all that damage it's prob in fair condition closer to 9,000. Either way not a truck I wanna be a part of.

Products Discussed in

To Top