1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cabin Rattles!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by alegav, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    Performula

Performula Six lugs of fury!

Member:
    First Name:
    Justinian the Gr3iht
    CO
    Vehicle:
    A no option 4WD vehicle.
    Alpine HU - Wow :)
    Let the OCD go guys. I do the same thing, enjoy your trucks, if you bought something else you'd find flaws with that as well. I can find flaws with anything and I'll bet anyone I can find a manufacturing imperfection on a Bugatti.

2. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I've been bitching about this to the dealer since the day I got my truck. I've had it in 5 times for the same squeak. Never once did they make it better, only worse buy adjusting the striker in too much. I've tried EVERYTHING to fix this. To prove it to them, I finally ripped the rubber trim off my Mom's 05 and put it on mine, no squeak.. Then put mine back on, squeak. They still said 'its the door striker" as being the problem.

Needless to say, I didn't buy that crap and raised hell with Toyota Corp.

Due to this they are flying a Toyota tech from their HQ to look at this issue since I won't give up on it. I take my truck in Tuesday. I've subbed this form and I'll post what the say.

I do highly suggest using Raamat or some sound deadening material to reduce the rattles. I used insolite from Raamaudio to wrap around all my cables, and followed his directions to the 'T'. My truck is very, very quiet now other than that damn squeak and the head rest rattles. Other than that, no rattles at all. It's a lot of work, took about 20-25hrs to finish the truck but worth it if you like a quiet truck.

Some Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    Bloodhound

Bloodhound Space For Rent

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    East Moline, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD O/R DBL-CAB
    Floor-mats, Running Boards, Shorty Antenna, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, AVS In-Channel VentVisors, Beer cans in the bed

Lube the door seal with silicone.

4. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Did that, worked for about 1 day maybe 2. Dried up in the hot Az weather.

5. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I use Aerospace 303 protectant

6. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Thanks I'll give it a shot. Tried a few things, stuff helps for short period of time. It's way worse in the winter than the summer, but still happens year round.

Either way, it shouldn't be making this noise. My moms 05, never did bought new. Dad's 08 never did, bought it new. My 2011, does.. Loaner 2012 I had, did it as well. Moose1988's 08(maybe 09) doesn't make that noise either.

7. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    bucktales

bucktales curmudgeon

Member:
    Ct.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport / 2014 FJC
    I'll try that.
    Funny thing, like I said, it only squeaks after the cabin heats up in the sun while I'm at work and goes away after a half mile or so. Like the trim and weather stripping "find themselves" after a few bumps.

8. Mar 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    Moose1988

Moose1988 ____livevil____

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE BOOSTED STORMTROOPER
    Check Build >>>>
    Yeah. Thats what I mean. Trust me I know what your talking about.. it droves me crazy too. Lol

:thumbsup: This is what I use too. Great stuff.

It works good man. I have a couple bottles Colby. Its what I use when I clean my truck. I get it from the marine shop on mcClintock and baseline I think it is.

9. Mar 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    sde780

sde780 Well-Known Member

Member:
    My driver side headrest started rattling after reading this thread

10. Mar 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Lol! [​IMG]

11. Nov 15, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    baurat88

baurat88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport JBL NAV
    TRD skid, BAMF light bar, 20in double row LED bar
    nice to add to this old thread, but yes..having the same issues in my 2014 DCLB with 8500 miles. Front passenger seat rattles (does not have the fold flat feature, its a sport). It rattles where the seatbelt latch connects to the hinge of the seat and started at about 4k miles. Annoying as hell because it will stop if you put some weight on the seat.
    Brought it to get it checked at the dealer today during my 2nd service, they easily replicated it then compared it to another 2014.
    He basically said if it sounds like this on another 2014, then its a characteristic of the truck that they cannot fix. Lucky for me, it didn't happen on the other truck, so a new seat is being ordered for me! I just hope they install it right. It's an expensive warranty claim that they had to open a ticket with toyota corporate.

I also have issues with the weather seals making squishy sticky sounds when driving. I can make the sound with my hand moving it around also. Dealer heard it and replaced the entire stripping. Sad to say the sound is still there so it must just be a "characteristic" of tacomas.

I'm hoping the new seat will be a good fix. Other than that..cabin rattles as is should..doors and panels rattle here and there.

To Top