1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cabot Trail, Cape Breton Info

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Col4bin, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Jun 7, 2020 at 5:37 PM
    Col4bin

Col4bin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR Double Cab
    Seeking info on doing the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton. Heard such amazing things. Would love to find out how to do it right. Thanks

2. Oct 4, 2020 at 9:57 AM
    TacoRocco

TacoRocco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Niagara Region, ON
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
    OME 2 inch lift
    IMG_1682.jpg

Hey,

I see nobody replied. So I will.

I did it way back in August 2012 with a Ford Escape rental vehicle. Overall the trip was pretty awesome time to just get away. All was on-road and stayed in BnB and hotels.
    1. Started out in Halifax. While in Halifax, check out city out and the bars are pretty good too.
    2. Headed up to Prince Edward Island.
    3. Drove the Confederation Bridge and stayed in Charlottetown at the historic Hotel Charlottetown.
    4. From there took the PEI to Cape Breton ferry.
    5. Once in Cape Breton, I decided to go clockwise so that I could get the best view, as recommended by my research at the time.
    6. The first stop was at a BnB in Cheticamp and then the next day to Sydney. Wasn't overly impressed by Sydney, so I headed south down to Baddeck. Loved Baddeck and even did a little boat cruise around there with Amoeba Sailing Tours. Got to see a couple of Bald Eagles, so if you're American you'll love that and realize at the same time that our eagles are way bigger. ;)
    7. On the way back, before I dropped the vehicle off, I hit Peggys Cove and Lunenburg in Nova Scotia.

Hope that helps. Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll do it right if you just hit the road with a bit of research beforehand.

IMG_8908 2.jpg
    IMG_8928.jpg
    IMG_8966.jpg
    IMG_9032.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_9063.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top