1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cali Raised LED

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Chase8059, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Jul 25, 2017 at 12:02 PM
    Chase8059

Chase8059 [OP] Kinda Well-Known

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    ESVA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport | Super White : 2008 Lexus IS 350
    OME 887, JBA UCAs, 1.5 AAL, Fox 2.0 RR w CD adj., SCS SR8s Gunmetal, Falken AT3/W 265/70r17
    I just wanted to share my recent (and only) buying experience from Cali Raised LED.

First off, my purchase was during their recent GB on their kits. I placed an order for their Side Shooter pods, ditch brackets, harness, and the OEM style switch "Ditch Lights". Their GB saved me a good amount of money and their SS pods are awesome.

But, their Customer Service left me very disappointed especially for a popular vendor on TW.

Order was placed June 17th, shipment arrived June 23rd on the east cost. The box was missing the wire harness and had the incorrect OEM switch. I replied to their Facebook messenger chat which was created when I placed my order and informed them of the error the night of the 23rd. I also sent a TW message on the 24th stating the same from my FB message.

I sent another FB message on the 26th asking for an update when I received my first response that they were looking into the problem and they would send the items out along with an email containing the tracking info.

After multiple messages on FB and TW requesting updates, I was finally sent a tracking number on July 12th (3 weeks since first telling them of the shipping error) with an excuse that they had poor communication with the shipping department.

So exactly one month to the day after I placed my order, I received the correct switch and the harness I ordered. I spent the evening in my garage installing and blowing fuses to then realize the harness they sent me was wired backwards and the reason why I was blowing fuses.

Their lights are awesome and look like they will hold up overtime. I was just very dissatisfied with their communication and customer service (and the ultimate realization about the harness). I doubt I will ever buy more LED products, but if I do I will not be a returning customer.

I don't expect companies to be perfect everytime because mistakes happen. My biggest thing is how you handle the mistake. I'm glad they eventually fixed it, but they poorly communicated throughout the ordeal and told me multiple times I will be getting my tracking number shortly...

I also tried pointing out the harness to them but have yet to hear anything back from them. I just wanted to make sure they arent sending out hundreds of mis-wired harnesses to people.

2. Sep 27, 2017 at 6:23 PM
    FishingInSand

FishingInSand Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab Prorunner 4x4 conversion LT S/C
    Some stuff here and there
    Yea I was trying to buy a full 700$ setup from them over summer but got sketchy flaky responses when trying to ask questions so I went with another vendor... Not bashing just my personal experience, they seem to have a good rep on here..

To Top