1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all fabbers who make +3.5" 05+ Taco/03-09 4runner LT kits

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by Anteupp, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Jan 4, 2017 at 7:29 PM
    Anteupp

Anteupp [OP] Mega Member

Member:
    Soooo I bought myself a v8 4runner and I just so happened to have a set of +3.5'' TC UCA's laying in my garage from when i upgraded to heim'd uppers and its got some wheels turning in my head.... do you guys know of any reputable smaller shops/fab guys who build +3.5'' lt kits for 05+ tacos and 03-09 4runners???

I havent contacted TC yet to see if they would sell me a kit without uppers for a lower price just yet as i want to see what my options are from the smaller guys who'd like some extra cash in their pocket.

I shouldn't even consider going LT with the damn thing, but fuck I've got uppers just collecting dust and you know it just makes me sad seeing them sit and collect dust i don't want them to go to waste LOL

i know fabien, (happysmiley) i think was his username built a kit modeled off TC for his taco a long time ago and i think fabbed some stuff for people on here not sure if he still fabs or not tho?

2. Jan 5, 2017 at 11:50 AM
    Dalandser

Dalandser ¡Me Gustan Las Tacos-mas!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Regular Cab / 98 4x4 Extra Cab
    Empty Wallet Mod
    That 4Runner built by @Happysmiley is awesome. I hope you get in touch with him.

LTDSC and Anteupp[OP] like this.
  3. Jan 7, 2017 at 4:15 PM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    I had a convo with TC a week or two ago about if guys were buying new LCAs to get the race upgrades. He said they recommended selling the kit vs getting a half set made, but apparently I think TC could easily make you a set of lowers...

Coot

Anteupp[OP] and Dalandser like this.
  4. Jan 7, 2017 at 9:40 PM
    Anteupp

Anteupp [OP] Mega Member

Member:
    Yeah I'll have to give TC a call and see what they say. I honestly really want a +2" kit but these are just taking up space in the garage...
    [​IMG]

5. Jan 10, 2017 at 5:15 AM
    Happysmiley

Happysmiley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabien
    Northern NV
    Vehicle:
    89 pickup 87 pickup 2016 4runner
    I'm not making any stuff for sale. I hand cut everything and It takes me a while to build a kit. If I need extra $ I just work a little overtime at my day job.

My kit is not modeled off the TC kit, it is my own geometry but it is close enough with the adjustability of how alignment is done that my lowers will work with TC uppers.

Most 3.5" bolt in kits should have close enough geometry you can mix and match parts. They all use the same pivot points on the frame and spindle.

If TC will sell you their race lowers, coilover adapters and tie rod extensions I'd go for it.
    I really like their race lower design. Dirt Kings too. All pro's new kit looks pretty nice.

Personally I would only want heim uppers on everything now. I hate lower arm cam tab mounts.

Or just sell them and get a whole kit, especially if you only want +2" over.

DTFtacoma, LTDSC and Dalandser like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top