1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

!!!!!!Calling all toytec Ultimate lift kit Owners!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Guess2010, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Feb 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    Guess2010

Guess2010 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVE
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd tacoma double cab
    Just a few dont tell the wife!!!
    Ok so im preatty set on getting this kit
    currently im running a 2.5 leveling kit with a 1" block
    now id like some feed back from ppl that accually own this kit??
    also im looking at getting the Dakar leafs is it worth the extra $429?
    also would it be worth it getting the bilsteins 5160 remote res with the leaf pack???
    Also should i be getting the upper control arms too?
    And finally will i need brake line extenders or are the factorry onces be long enought????

I know its alot of questions but just wanna hear from ppl on here with the toytec ulk
    Thanks alot and hope to hear from u all soon.

2. Feb 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Toytec's are great, I really like mine, but for $800 coilovers I'd rather have icons (not that much more). Save some money and get the regular prebuild ones for $600 and the dakars with 5100s in the rear or any other shock of your choice. The diff drop is worthless and you may or may not need the axle shims that are in the Ult. At 3" lift ucas will be advisable because your alignment will most likely suck. LR or camburg ball joints are a good choice if you want to save some coin!

3. Feb 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    My take on the kit
    Ease of install with no experience at all with suspension, did it all myself with no help except with the putting bolts back in the LR UCA's. And of course the alignment. 1st impressions were way better than spacer lift, they were still stiff but not as bad once they settled and they weren't bad to adjust. Lift front end and remove tires and when adjusting the coils it's not that difficult but a little muscle is required. Handles my CBI plate bumper and winch with no issues.
    Now the rear, install was easy now that I look back but being my First time it took me about 6 hours taking my time and rechecking everything like 3 times over. Installed with the extended length 5100's that came with the kit. Didn't put shims in because I did not have any vibes. The ride stiff when bed is empty, but when loaded with 200# lbs it smooths out. I have this loud clang when I the rear goes over any bump, (anything over 10mph). It never did that with the AAL from the revtec on stock leafs. I haven't narrowed it down to actually what is making the noise but it it annoying as shit. Its worth the extra $ especially when carrying heavy loads. When I get serious enough to fix it, I'm going to start with some new bump stops. Then re consider my options if that doesn't solve it. Over all the kit is complete, ease of install. Front diff drop is not needed. I left mine on that dealer installed when they raped me on the revtec spacer lift.
    Do get the UCA'S, most people have issues when lifting especially going 3", if you get the dakars your going to want to because the rake the dakars give you'll want to. If you look at my build I have a few side shots of my lift and I'm lifted at just over 3" and have a slight forward rake still. No need for extended break lines and I flex the shit out of my set up with no issues.

4. Feb 27, 2012 at 11:52 PM
    Darth_Yota

Darth_Yota I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam-moron
    Somewhere USA
    Vehicle:
    Dented, broken-down ‘08 hoopty
    Ain’t good’nuff for insta
    Have the lift w/TC uca's. Stiff at first, but now it's settled and rides awesome. I just wouldn't recommend jacking it all the way up to thee inches.

Good luck!

5. Feb 28, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    Guess2010

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVE
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    well thanks guys for all the good info..
    i still gott save up som more $$$$ but i am sure ill be getting tthis kit

Any more input??

6. Feb 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    masshole taco

masshole taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Daddy
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport
    Fox 2.5 C/O's Fox 2.0 rear shocks Total Chaos UCA Trifecta Tonneau Cover K&N FIPK Sirius Satellite Radio Toyota OEM roof rack Wet Okole Seat Covers Homer Taco Custom Grill w/ M1 Mesh and Toyota Emblem
    Do some searching bro, there's plenty of info on Toytec ULK's.. Good luck with your purchase..

7. Feb 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    Guess2010

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVE
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    well i got a price of $2550 canadian dollers taxes in for
    Toytec ulk
    with 5160 remote res
    dakar leaf pack
    light racing uca

Sound about right???

8. Feb 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    Sublime

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Front - Non-resi w/ any of the UCA
    Rear - Any one of these (the expeditions ride best with 500lbs in the bed)
    You wouldn't be spending much more if any and will out perform the Ult....night and day!

9. May 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Chantel

Chantel Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Bull Bar, Side Steps, Tonneau Cover, Custom heated Black Leather Seats, W/ TRD Emblem, Dual Exhaust, Tacoma Box Mat, Weathertech Floor mats. Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit w/ bilstein 5160's and dakar springs, Goliath 18x9 Rims, and 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Have you researched the 5160s? Trying to find someone who has them on. Ordered toytec ulitmate kit, and upgraded, funny thing is the 5160s are the same lenght as the stock shocks, so now Im waiting to hear whats going to happen, wondering why toytec would ask us to upgrade, and they dont fit? right now truck is sitting, lift was done on friday, have to wait till monday to see what we can do. Im pretty sure the 5160s have to go back. with the dakar leaf pack, they are fully extended. I ordered exactly what you have listed. 2500 is a good price, cheaper than I paid. I ordered out of alberta.

10. May 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    Sublime

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Look at the OME rears, I believe they're long enough for that pack! Or a 5125 or 5150 at 8.5-9.25" but I'd measure to be sure!

11. May 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    Chantel

Chantel Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Bull Bar, Side Steps, Tonneau Cover, Custom heated Black Leather Seats, W/ TRD Emblem, Dual Exhaust, Tacoma Box Mat, Weathertech Floor mats. Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit w/ bilstein 5160's and dakar springs, Goliath 18x9 Rims, and 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    Ended up talking to toytec, and they swear the 5160s fit, so Im putting them on, they say they are a +1 inch from stock shock, and that the stock shock that comes on the truck is good up to 2 inch lift..., well I get warranty from toytec, so I'll take their word.

12. May 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Off-Road DCSB AT
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    I am putting mine on this week, Toytec ULK with LR UCA's and dakar rear leafs. With 32's
    Questions: Do I really need the front dif drop kit or am i wasting time?
    I understand the UCA's should be in the logo facing out position and neutral, right?
    How long after lift install should I have to align? Or ad rear Shims?
    Will the alignment shop re-adjust my uca's or should they just adjust from the bottom?
    Any thing else I'm missing?

Sorry to thread jack but I think you may need this info eventually.?

13. Mar 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    Mookee

Mookee Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    Grey SR5
    3" Ultimate lift, AAL, Leer QX,
    Bump for additional info. I just ordered the ult kit and would love to hear if any of these questions worked themselves out. Smuggiesrider - did you add the Shims later? How did the alignment go, new UCA's necessary? Also did you experience any rubbing with the 32's? I'm thinking about putting 285/75 -16's on there but I don't want to max it out to 3'... Thoughts?

14. Mar 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Off-Road DCSB AT
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    I aligned right way with 265/75/16 tires. Here is a must read
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/su...earance-driving-report-light-racing-ucas.html

I will be putting shims on this spring. You should put them on right away but you need either a new longer centering pin or and extender washer for your current pin.

Uca's suggested and a MUST if you want to run 285's, Adding the uca's will enable you to run closer to stock alignment numbers and will overall add to the better ride quality IMO
    I wanted to do it right the first time and while it wasn't cheap I am very glad I didn't half-ass it.

I love my lift and will be getting some 285's as soon as my 265's are worn out.

Your alignment is key. Print that link and bring it to your alignment shop, mine got me sooooo close to those #'s and It was a night and day difference from when I drove it to the shop (all over the road with No control) to better then factory ride with my dakars in the rear.....love my lift!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  15. Mar 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    RollingRocker

RollingRocker Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma DCSB
    Rough Country 6in Suspension Lift Eagle Alloys 115 Series Graphite Wheels with Machined Ring BF Goodrich 315/70R17 (34.4 inch) All Terrain A/T KO2 Tires TRD Pro Grill N-FAB Wheel to Wheel NERF Bars ARB Tacoma Summit Bar Front Bumper SnugTop XTR Katzkin Custom Leather Interior ICECO VL 45L Fridge with slideout
    I just installed my Toytec lift a month ago and it was a breeze to install I installed the shims and the diff drop, but can't really tell you if they make a difference or not because I never rolled with out them. I'm definitely going to do the UCAs. Not having them has affected my alignment, especially at higher speeds, I pull to the left and it seems to drift on me. Talking to the alignment shop they couldn't get the camber where it needed to be. I also have a seized busing on the driver side LCA which is complicating the alignment also. Here is a thread on it http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/176250-diy-lca-bushing-replacement-2005-tacoma-4x4.html not sure how common of a problem this is but I'm one of the unlucky ones I guess. Just something to check since you will have the front end opened up. I'm planning on fixing the bushing issue when I install my UCAs. Then I get to pay for another alignment.

16. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    Mookee

Mookee Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    Grey SR5
    3" Ultimate lift, AAL, Leer QX,
    Thanks for the info guys! Ready for a story, because here goes.

Yeah I pulled it off this weekend, put the lift kit on with 285's! I have been running it with the diff drop off (since Friday) but might put it in this weekend... try one week without / one with and go from there.

[​IMG]

Did put the shims in, but had trouble with one of the new longer centering pins. Stripped it, but got the leaf pack back together with the bump stop and ubolts holding everything snug right now. What are your thoughts on replacing the centering pin? Currently it is in there, but I'm not sure if it could move and come free. I have a new one on order from Toytec, but is it worth tearing back into... just to put in a new pin?

Another issue we had was with the sway bar, trying to reinstall the bad boy after attaching the relocate blocks (1" metal piece bolted to the frame) I hit one of the joints to the links and broke the seal. These little guys are internally greased with no way to repair, but they are designed to wear out. Thoughts on just leaving this slightly torn but still somewhat functioning link in and waiting for it to wear out and replace then... or now?

After installation we measured the total lift, 3" all around. Perfectly elevated (hopefully doesn't appear saggy in the back end) does it look level to you guys?

[​IMG]

I didn't go with new UCA's, instead I purchased new wheels with 4.48" backspacing and the alignment specs seem to match up well enough.

[​IMG]

Drives straight-ish... so long as the road isn't grooved!
    [​IMG]

17. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    magnetic11

magnetic11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
    Fab fours front and rear bumpers, B.A.M.F. weld on rock sliders, softopper, removed mud flaps and D-Badged everything. Icon 2.5 Extended Travel coil-overs, Total Chaos upppers, 2.0 Icon extended travel shocks with the resi's and Dekar Leaf packs.
    sub'd and will post my input when im not working..lol

18. Mar 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    magnetic11

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
    Fab fours front and rear bumpers, B.A.M.F. weld on rock sliders, softopper, removed mud flaps and D-Badged everything. Icon 2.5 Extended Travel coil-overs, Total Chaos upppers, 2.0 Icon extended travel shocks with the resi's and Dekar Leaf packs.
    below is a picture of my lift after it was installed and before i had it adjusted up to see if it would level out any. i went all out with this lift, beside getting the remote reservoirs because i figured i wouldn't be doing any desert racing and they are used more at high speeds and highway driving doesnt count. so i got the LR uca, and the dakar leaf packs. i used the shims and the drop bracket like toytec said to. ive got 255/75/17 nitto trail grapplers and did have a little rubbing when backing up or turning really sharp. thats also why i had the coils adjusted up. the only problem is, dont get the dakars if you want it leveled, because it wont happen. and last, ive been having my traction control taking over when going into a curve not sure why. the only thing ive read is that the wheel sensors may need to be recalibrated as well as the yall sensor. other than that i do like this lift but will be changing it all out to icon and total chaos soon. and yes im going to get the remote reserviors, front and rear, because they look bad ass.

19. Mar 25, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    magnetic11

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
  20. Mar 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    magnetic11

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
    also anyone got any measurements on their fenders and maybe the adjustment sleeve on the coilovers.

Products Discussed in

To Top