1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can I clean mouse proof my intake and cabin vents

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by NCdirt, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Nov 15, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    NCdirt

NCdirt [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Sylva
    Vehicle:
    99 Prerunner
    I have a 99 prerunner and a 2000 2wd sst and keep pulling mouse nests out of the blower for the vent systems out of both, and acorns out of the prerunners air box( literally filled up to the round intake opening). Last year I paid a shop 300 to "clean the vent system" I just cant afford to do that and need to find a way to clean out this insulation. I have cleaned the blower but have read that the first gens dont have cabin filters. And would like to clean the rest of the vent system. I have a two year old and dread the thought of her breathing the insulation from the underside of the hood (which has got to be bad stuff i guess) Which is what these nests usually consist of. I would love also to find a way I can prevent this from happening ever again. Thanks for your time.

2. Nov 15, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    A good way to get rid of the rats that are building the nests is to tie dryer sheets around various parts under the hood and under the cowl (if you can). The dryer sheets are very irritating to the rats when they chew on them and it usually stops them from coming back.

Edit: Welcome to TW!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top