1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

can only order certain Toyota models in Hawaii ?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by 808Raider, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Jan 29, 2023 at 5:05 AM
    808Raider

808Raider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawai'i
    This is kinda tundra related but since it's Toyota related figured I might as well ask here. When I go in the Toyota website I can't build a normal tundra it directs me to the junk Hawaii site with the dealers and inventory lists (none). Then I think I cannot even get an SR bc it doesn't show in Hawaii so can you only order certain models of tundras here? I just want a basic no frills 4x4 crew max SR5 can we not do that with the Toyota cartel here? I think it bc Toyota Hawaii is part of Toyota Japan or something liddat and they only sell the expensive trims but maybe someone can clarify. My wife has a rav 4 from servco and when I tried to get wholesale Toyota care pricing from a mainland dealer they said cannot bc Toyotas in Hawaii is different. I might have to have to buy and ship one next trip to the mainland or something if I can find what I like kinda annoying

2. Jan 29, 2023 at 5:14 AM
    batacoma

batacoma Truck Wars

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Regular Cab 4spd
    Do other manufacturers offer all of their products in Hawaii?

Can you only buy a Ram TRX and not a regular cab Ram 1500 classic? a TRX wouldn't seem as practical as a short wheelbase pick up.

Does Ram sell new trucks in Hawaii?

3. Jan 29, 2023 at 6:53 AM
    808Raider

808Raider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawai'i
    Nvm I found a thread clarifying. Hawaii is basically part of Toyota Japan not Toyota USA and it sucks from a consumer experience. Lexus too but not sure about other Japanese manufacturers

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/toyota-usa-servco-and-hawaii.524884/page-2

I guess my question is regarding certain models then and I'd probably have to call the dealer, maybe their website just sucks

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  4. Jan 29, 2023 at 7:20 AM
    Haole Toy

Haole Toy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mauna Kea, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '21 SR 4x4
    When I moved to Arizona with my '06 Tacoma, I took it in to get the recall springs done. The AZ dealership could not bring up any records of the truck other than the recall. They said that the Hawaii dealerships have a separate agreement with Toyota Corp.

5. Jan 29, 2023 at 6:47 PM
    yinster

yinster Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma SR5, 2004 Infiniti G35, 2007 Toyota Camry, 2008 Sxion xB

Yes, hawaii is a different market , trim and option all different from Toyota USA. it will be your best interest to buy it outside

my Hawaii camry also cannot pullup any service record in any mainland dealer ( luckily i got print out from servco back in 2016)

6. Feb 19, 2023 at 6:46 PM
    808stateofmind

808stateofmind Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kona
    Vehicle:
    '22 Lunar Rock TRD OR 4x4 DCSB 6MT
    Eibach pro truck 2.0/2R lift kit 1.5" AAL OME/ARB UCA BFG KO2, 285/70-17 SCS Blaze 10, 17-8.5, -10 offset ECGS bushing needle bearing replacement Clutch accumulator disk delete Poor mans TRD intake, K&N 57 series intake tube, K&N high flow filter, TRD flow accelerator
    I got my tacoma from big island toyota kona a few weeks ago. The salesman was saying that last year they only got 9 tundras in, and this year they aren't getting any and aren't taking any orders on them at all. Something about another chip shortage, and it being hard to get any allocations of tundras from toyota. hilo side might get tundras, but none in kona

Products Discussed in

To Top