1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can someone tell me what this is...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mikracer, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jan 26, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    mikracer

mikracer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB | TRD Sport 4x4
    I have a 2004 DC Prerunner and was considering purchasing the sub box that fits behind the back seat of the DC (the single 10" box) and so I thought I would take a look to see what all I would have to remove. I saw this black box mounted on the back wall and was wondering what its for.

I've since kind of decided on getting the Sound Ordnance sub from Crutchfield, but I would still like to know what this little box does/controls.

Thanks.

IMG_20110125_172015.jpg
    IMG_20110125_172021.jpg

2. Jan 26, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    That's your converter box for the trailer wiring.

3. Jan 26, 2011 at 9:18 AM
    mikracer

Member:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    Ok thanks. Do all trucks with tow packages have a converter box? I figured they were just wired inline with the respective wires (blinkers, brakes, etc).

4. Mar 22, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    darrmill

darrmill Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    11 MGM DC SB
    Pop N Lock, Weathertechs, Viper remote starter, Intermittent wiper switch, devil horns, Access rollup tonneau, Wet Okoles, Rocky Mounts, EGR vent guards
    Hey Mikracer, did you get the Sound Ordnance and, if so, how do you like it? Did you put it under the seat or behind the back seats? Thinking about getting one and appreciate the input.

5. Mar 22, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    mikracer

Member:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    Never got the sound ordinance. If I were to get a slim powered sub, I would get that over the Boss one though. I had some old stuff laying around, so I just threw it together and put it in my truck. I didnt want to spend much money on a system since I pretty much only drive the truck when I need to take my dogs anywhere, so I just used what I had.

If you do get the Sound Ordnance unit, post up on the forum and give your opinion on it.

6. Mar 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    What is that about? What do I need to convert?

Products Discussed in

To Top