1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can you put spacers on when you already have a 3" strut lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Ragin, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    Ragin

Ragin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 TRD
    3inch Skyjacker front struts, Skyjacker hydro7000 rear shocks w/ AAL, K&N CAI, Instrument Cluster Mod, GrillCraft Mesh Grill w/ Pro Comp 9556 5" fog lights, fog light mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Remote Start, BHLM, Diamond D3 10", Twister F2 190 Amp,
    I've got a 3" skyjacker strut kit on now and it still looks a lil lower in the front. I want to add a 2" aluminum spacer but I'm thinking it would put way too much stress on my cv shafts/joints/tie-rod ends..etc...if I can get it on in the first place and even get an alignment. I would probably be replacing those items every year or so. Not something I want to do...BUT, does anyone say the contrary? Has anybody done it? Does any one know of any other options? I can't afford a 6" lift just yet, and a body lift seems like it would be a pain in the a*s to put on. Thanks for any advice you can give.

2. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    You can think about it, just don't do it.

3. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:14 PM
    Ragin

Ragin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 TRD
    3inch Skyjacker front struts, Skyjacker hydro7000 rear shocks w/ AAL, K&N CAI, Instrument Cluster Mod, GrillCraft Mesh Grill w/ Pro Comp 9556 5" fog lights, fog light mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Remote Start, BHLM, Diamond D3 10", Twister F2 190 Amp,
    haha thats exactly what i'm doin...just hopin' theres another option even though I know there's probably not.....its like goin to the frig and thinking something magically appeared to eat when you just looked in there a few mins ago

4. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Dont do it. You can really mess shit up.

5. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:03 PM
    BiggWooD

BiggWooD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Opp, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit 17" RBP Wheels 33x12.50 Wild Country RVTs
    I was wondering the samething Ragin. How do you like the Skyjacker 3" Strut Lift? i was going to get it too and i already have the procomp 2.5" leveling kit but i think it has dropped down to a 1.5" since it has been on so long and i got it tightened down. I was just reading another thread, and saw where he had ordered a 1" Differential Drop kit.. Would it be okay to do it with that drop kit?

Products Discussed in

To Top