1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canadian Surfers

Discussion in 'Canada' started by JT Class, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Jun 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM
    JT Class

JT Class [OP] Can't spell class without...

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Sept-Iles, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Sport
    Aries bull bar, Tonneau pro box cover, TrailFX hood deflector, Sleeper lids, US Speedo speedometer gauge (white), more to come...(3incher bilsteins 5100+f/coils+aal w/285 or 265?)
    Aloha eh,

Just wondering how many Canuck surfers we got on here. I personally lived in B.C. where Tofino is the Canadian Capital of surfing. But I have also lived in Nova Scotia and Lawrencetown is pretty sweet as well. Now I live in eastern Quebec in the gulf of the St.Lawrence and can only get out when the wind is from the east.

So any others here in TW that hang 10 while chugging maple syrup?

2. Jul 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    obzerver

obzerver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Surrey, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 TRD
    Grillcraft grill, 20" LED Light bar, 17" MB TKO wheels, 265/70R17 Cooper ATPs, Uniden PRO520XL CB, Pioneer AVH-P2400BT
    About once a year I will hit up Tofino for a weekend of surfing. Usually in the fall when the waves are decent.

3. Jul 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i've been out to tofino a few times to surf and also south a couple to surf that nice warm water. it's been a yrs and i don't see myself ever surfing again. it is a wonderful thing though, one tough sport that sure requires skill and stamina.

4. Jul 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    Sombrio

Sombrio Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    BC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    Icon coilovers, rear AAL/5100's, Duratracs, Mojave's, Sliders ARB Bumper, Rigid Light bar, BC Pinstripes, much more to come!
    I haven't gone in a few years. A good friend and his now wife moved to Victoria back in the early 2000's and we started going out to Jordan river and parts north like Sombrio beach (hence the name) quite a lot, when there was a winter swell or decent shore break.

Other than that we went to Tofino a few times a year. One of the best weekends we had was biking forbidden plateau, skiing Washington and surfing Tofino all in three days! Love the island for that. We also went to Nootka island and north beach in the charlottes.

Its been years since ive been in the water, kinda got me thinking I should change that!

5. Aug 2, 2014 at 12:35 AM
    sloken

sloken Active Member

Member:
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 Spruce Mica DCLB TRD sport
    debadged, IMMrYo mirror bracket, bakflip F1, Husky X-act contour liners, rear glass aftermarket tint, blizzaks and steelies
    reviving an old thread here - i live in comox on Van Island and lovvvve surfing - i make it a point to head to either tofino/sombrio/JR every other weekend. A good buddy lives in Tofino and my brother is in Vic so it makes couch crashing easy. Sometimes in the fall/winter, we get enough wind swell on the east coast of the island that I can surf mediocre waves 5min from home - athough last labour day it was actually overhead and realllly fun!

Products Discussed in

To Top