1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canadian vs US Options Packages - need some help

Discussion in 'Canada' started by clenkeit, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Sep 6, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    clenkeit

clenkeit [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lakewood, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DCLB TRD Sport
    I'm currently looking for a Tacoma and found one which was originally a Canadian truck that was brought into the US. I ran the VIN (https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification) and the results look a lot different from what I've gotten when I run the VIN of US spec trucks.

Usually the US trucks have package options - Off Road, Sport, SR5...etc. But, this one comes up as having NO packages but lots of individual options (cruise control, heated seats, oil cooler, hood scoop...etc). The truck looks like a "Sport" package truck and has most of the options that come with the Sport package but I'm not seeing a limited slip on the options list yet the owner says it has a locker (I've confirmed it does not have a locker since the switch is missing so I'm assuming he's just mixing up locker and lsd). Everything looks good on this truck but not having a locker or LSD is a deal breaker for me so I'm trying to decide whether to pursue this truck or not.

Just wondering if any of my northern brethren have any input here. I've uploaded the document showing the VIN report.

Attached Files:

2. Sep 8, 2019 at 7:43 PM
    3JOH22A

3JOH22A Toyota Gigolo

Member:
    District 6ix
    Vehicle:
    3G Tacoma on 35"s, 5G 4Runner
    This would be a TRD Sport with factory heated leather seats, which IIRC was unique to the Canadian market.

As you may be aware, the mechanical clutch-pack LSD on TRD Sport trim was discontinued after 2008. 2009 and up have the brake-based "auto LSD"; that's the same for both US and Canadian models.

bigmw likes this.
  3. Sep 9, 2019 at 6:31 AM
    clenkeit

clenkeit [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lakewood, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DCLB TRD Sport
    Thank you, I did figure out the part about the LSD - not sure why I hadn't run across that detail in the past couple months I'd been looking. The seller is marketing it as a "sport" but it just seemed weird for it to be listed as options only and not a package, I've never seen that before when looking up a VIN.

Thanks for your help!

Products Discussed in

To Top