1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can't find plug under dash for brake controller

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by "OldManTan", Jul 8, 2009.

1. Jul 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    "OldManTan"

"OldManTan" [OP] Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab, Radiant Red
    Pioneer HU, Duratracs on Black stockers, Century topper with custom electronic lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Foglight Mod, Always on 12v Plugs, Sub & Amp, LED Interior Lights, Cup Holder Mod, Andres Devil Horns, CB radio, steps, relocated trailer harness, blacked out everything!!
    I have searched, and read the towing bible, but just want to verify I have the plug under the dash to splice into for the brake controller. I am going crazy looking for it!! I have all my other wires run, just can't find that plug. 2006 Regular cab 2.7l 4x4. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Jul 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    they might not have added the option on the 4 bangers since they dont offer the full towing package on them from the factory...but i'm not 100%

3. Jul 8, 2009 at 5:26 PM
    "OldManTan"

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    Pioneer HU, Duratracs on Black stockers, Century topper with custom electronic lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Foglight Mod, Always on 12v Plugs, Sub & Amp, LED Interior Lights, Cup Holder Mod, Andres Devil Horns, CB radio, steps, relocated trailer harness, blacked out everything!!
    jhodge, that is what I was thinking. After re-re-re-re-reading the towing bible I noticed he has it for non-tow v-6. Thanks for the input, I will just have to find the correct wire off the brake switch.

4. Jul 8, 2009 at 7:55 PM
    "OldManTan"

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    For anyone who wants to know, it is the blue wire off the brake switch. I am guessing that the 2.7l did not come with any plug under the dash for towing.

To Top