1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can't get the price any lower

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by spark4, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Aug 18, 2008 at 12:36 PM
    spark4

spark4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 Cement
    Bilstein 6100/5160, Ray 10's, 5.29, KDMax Tuned
    I've received severl email/internet quotes from dealers in the southern california area. I cant' seem to get these guys down below 29,100 before taxes and fee's, they all say it's impossible. Yet, from the searches i've done on this it seems some of you have gotten away with around 29k out the door. Should i accept this 29,1xx offer? What has everyone else in southern cali gotten their 2009 with same specs for?

Heres what they quoted me on
    2009 4x4 double cab shortbed
    TRD sport w/jbl (tough to find one without jbl)

2. Aug 18, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i got mine for 29k otd, but i'm over in SC. i also got mine w/o the jbl...just the standard 6 disc and steering controls.

3. Aug 18, 2008 at 1:41 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Sounds like what we are paying here on the East Coast, pull the trigger.

4. Aug 18, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    poleman72

poleman72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner
    This is a new model year, so dealers aren't willing to go down that much from MSRP due to new-model-year buyer demand. Try another area, but if you absolutely need to purchase in the SCA area, wait until the market reacts to the prices. Dealers are sure to go down on price because Toyota has priced Tacoma above what it's really worth in the market...it is the most expensive mid-sized truck out there!

In my opinion, 29k is too much to pay for the list price on this truck...cause you're looking at getting yourself an OTD price near or right at MSRP!

Have you tried counter-offering the email quotes? If that don't work out, don't deal with the internet quotes anymore. I suggest you go into a dealer, waste a lot of the salesperson's and the manager's time with questions, looking at the truck, test drives of all the packages SR5, off-road, sport, etc. and introduce competition of other Toyota dealers and of other makes if necessary in order to get them to negotiate.

If that doesn't work, walk out of the dealership letting them know that you're going to look at another make or another toyota dealer that might give you a better price. A strategy that seemed to work well for me is to introduce quotes I received from other dealers and watch them compete. But in the end they go down in price. The exception was this one dumb manager who was only willing to sell an '08 Tacoma 2k below MSRP even though he had many still in stock that needed to move! I never called that dealer again! Don't waste your time with hard-ball dealers.

Another strategy I used once was for them to let me know when the prices go down and then I'll only be interested in purchasing (two weeks later I got a call saying the price went down 1k from the previous offer).

5. Aug 19, 2008 at 12:26 AM
    MikeS.

MikeS. Well-Known Member

Member:
    Far Eastern WVa
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB 4x4 in Speedway Blue.
    Undercover bed topper, Nerf style step bars, Python alarm, Ham radio with 250 watt amp and chrome wheel well bling.
    Also try waiting to the last day or 2 of the month. They have quotas to meet.

Products Discussed in

To Top