1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Capitol Hill - Mr. Toyoda

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by upnthebid, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    upnthebid

upnthebid [OP] Active Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Off Road
    Stock
    I caught the end of Mr. Toyoda’s testimony today and I am embarrassed by some of the Legislators in our Country. Just because one might win a popularity contest (election) certainly doesn’t make them experts in the automotive industry and safety, not to mention the lack of respect for corporate executives, especially foreign guests.

This face time was important for the US Government and I would have much rather witnessed a dialogue focused on the issues among experts instead of a bunch of local representatives looking for their 5 minutes of international fame.

2. Feb 24, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    While I didn't agree with some things from your other thread on the topic, I do agree with you here. What on earth does Adolphus Towns know about the ECU in ANY vehicle? It also hasn't escaped my hawklike field of vision that a Michigan Congressman is the one spearheading this debacle.

This whole thing is nothing more than a witch hunt of major proportions that will do nothing but cost people jobs and money.

And the next time they want to call a "victim" to testify they need to do better than that idiot woman from yesterday. "Shame on you, Toyota"? No, shame on you, moron for thinking intelligent people would believe you didn't crash your car yourself. How long were you on your bluetooth talking to your husband again?

Products Discussed in

To Top