1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Car Audio to Home Sound System...LETS DO IT!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by wolfgang123, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Dec 6, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    I'm with the others who say you should just get a dedicated home sub. For a little bit more than the money you're going to spend on this, you could get a very nice sub from a company like HSU, Elemental, or Aperion that will shake your house. If you're going to do it, do it the right way.

EDIT: I just read your reasons for doing this, and let me tell you, there is 1 thing worse than no bass - distorted bass (which you'll get with cheap power supplies and this setup). It hurts your ears and makes the music borderline annoying to listen to. Scour craigslist for a used sub. Just because something uses less power does not make it a worse sub. I'd be tempted to say my old HTIB 200W Onkyo 8" sub would sound better than what you're planning. If you were local, I'd sell that to you for $50. You should be able to find similar deals close to you.

Products Discussed in

To Top