1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cargo/Bed Nets

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Chucktron, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Feb 5, 2021 at 9:25 PM
    Chucktron

Chucktron [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    O4 Taco TRD DC
    upload_2021-2-6_0-24-50.jpg
    Anyone know of a cargo net / bed net that fits an 04 Double Cab Taco (5 ft)? Like the one above

Wanting to do more camping this year and want to keep stuff from flying out.

If you have one or can point me to a goodn, it will help this noob out!

2. Feb 6, 2021 at 2:08 AM
    TWJLee

TWJLee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma 4X4 2.7 5spd access cab 2020 Tundra DC LmTD 2020 F150 5.0
    2020 Tundra GFC 33’s Borla Pro XS FOX 2.0 2020 F150 33’s Magnaflow FOX 2.0 2001 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5spd access cab new frame 217k 2” lifted Always for sale.
    Just go with a Gator trifold.. like $239 and then you have extra protection from the elements. It can be taken off in less than 3 minutes.

-might prevent your junk from being stolen as well.

8E2944CF-BD60-4C06-98D2-4439CEB153FB.jpg

straightawaykid and killertoast like this.
  3. Feb 6, 2021 at 5:27 AM
    exminnesotaboy

exminnesotaboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maple Grove, MN
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma 4x4 V6 SR5 TRD Xtra Cab
    Bilstein 5100's / OME 881's / Wheelers 5 leaf pack / Level8 MK6/ 265/75-16 Bridgestone Dueler tires
    The wide "strap" cargo nets like the one in the OP are nice, but expensive. Also, I don't know if they have any "stretch" to them for larger loads.

I run a Softopper in the summer and a Access Tonneau cover in the winter. But I always have my cheap bed net in the truck. It can stretch to large loads of brush(near the top of the cab) but still stays taut for loads that my tonneau cover can't quite cover. If you go with a cheap one, immediately replace the plastic hooks they come with carabiners. I used 4 carabiners per side and attach them to 2" diameter steel rings hanging from my Softopper/Tonneau mount clamps and existing OEM bed tie down points. My cheap bed net has lasted almost 10 years (and hundreds of times)now and is finally starting to show wear to the point I may have to replace it.

Similar to the one I have, and it looks like they include carabiners now(although they look a little small to work with gloves on)
    https://www.amazon.com/WUPP-Elastic...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Chucktron[OP] likes this.
  4. Feb 6, 2021 at 5:28 AM
    Kleenax

Kleenax Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2001 SR5 4WD V6 Auto - Mica Green
    New frame & stuff CBI bolt-on Sliders
    Tell me what I am missing?
    Have never liked tonneau covers or covers like them. I wouldn't have a pick-up without a topper over the back! Just keeps everything nice and clean & dry, and secure. And, the roof rack is rather useful as well. Is it just a "Michigan thing", or what? In a pinch, you can even sleep in the bed away from the mosquitos!

cornbread_wy likes this.
  5. Feb 6, 2021 at 5:36 AM
    SilverBulletII

SilverBulletII Well-Known Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Tacoma SR, MT, 4 cylinders, 4X4
    Taco Net. Custom fit. Helps if you have a front bed rail. Available on Amazon.
    193FA960-A3C6-4665-8E18-36773444476E.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    straightawaykid and SoCal_Erik like this.
  6. Feb 6, 2021 at 9:31 AM
    jbrandt

jbrandt Made you look

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    El Dorado, CA (NOT El Dorado Hills)
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Tacoma 4x4 DC
    Kings, J59's Total Chaos UCAs Custom skids Sticker mod
    Nothing special, I just have one of those bungee nets. Pretty sure I got it at the local truck part store. They have the dimensions on them, but a “small” skze should be sufficient.

Well he has a 1st gen, so probably doesn't have the rail unless it’s aftermarket.

7. Feb 7, 2021 at 6:57 AM
    Chucktron

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    O4 Taco TRD DC
    Thanks yall! Sounds like I might want to try a few different things. I did not plan for a tonneau cover because the bed is really small and I don't want to limit myself. I guess I might want a "wide net" for heavier stuff (if I can find one) and cheaper one for around town.

On the tonneau cover or shell, I haul my kayaks a lot and plan to put some kind of crossbars in the bed and don't feel like doing any extra work or mods. So it sounds like I will probably go with an uncovered bed for a while. I really just don't like having stuff on my roof either, so this is the way for me.

I also don't want to cover the hooks on the bed as they are my go to for tying stuff down.

I'll be checking out some mods on here for ideas. Yall do some cool stuff!

SilverBulletII likes this.
  8. Feb 7, 2021 at 7:02 AM
    Chucktron

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    O4 Taco TRD DC
    That being said, I can see where a tonneau cover or camper shell would be convenient at times, but I live in the city and don't even have a garage. And I feel like I'd be taking them on or off pretty frequently.

So any accessories I don't keep on the truck at all times needs to be something I can keep in the truck. If that makes sense

Products Discussed in

To Top