1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cb antenna mounting spot

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Phils514, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Jun 27, 2015 at 12:30 PM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    58 Siesta , As stated above, I would recommend putting a small piece of 3m film between your mag mount and the roof of your vehicle. Over time taking the mag mount on and off will damage your paint. I purchased the 3m film from the dealer.

Pigpen likes this.
  2. Jun 27, 2015 at 7:02 PM
    jbrnigan

jbrnigan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport, 4X4, 4.0L, Auto - Access Cab
    On my previous mag mount, I spread clear silicone adhesive on the base of the antenna then set it on a qt. size zip lock bag. The next day I just trimmed the bag around the base. It also worked very well. Either way, careful installation and removal will keep you from scratching your roof. Also, frequent removal and cleaning will keep the paint pristine. I find the magnetic option, because of the easy antenna removal, preferable to mounting brackets and coax routing issues. Since I only use my radio when traveling or on the trail, I don't necessarily want to "advertise" that I have a radio in my truck.

3. Jun 27, 2015 at 7:25 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
  4. Jun 29, 2015 at 4:11 PM
    MDB Taco

MDB Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    ‘05 TRDOR DC
    My truck has a roll-up tonneau on it. Mounted my CB antenna like this:
    image.jpg

It's clamped to my tail light cage using one of those standard "mirror mounts" (I think that's what they're called). Ran a ground strap to where the tail lights mount, and SWR managed to get within good range.

joshhh likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top