1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CEL Codes Thrown... hmmm...

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by cnix43, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Jan 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    cnix43

cnix43 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Boise Idaho
    Vehicle:
    09 BullyDog TRD
    ...Umm...
    Ok guys so check this out. Since I got my truck (the CEL came on like seriously moments after I left the dealership for good. Haha) I'v had these codes come up. I'v read and cleared them about 3 times but they keep coming back (of course). They are: P043E, P043F, P2401, P2402, P2419. Now these five codes come up twice each on the scanner every time. So without really being able to come across a concrete answer, I have a hypothesis. You know how if you don't turn the gas cap till it clicks (it even says on there) you'll get a CEL? Well because I have the bigger fenders (Glassworks Unlimited I believe) I'v never been able to get that much purchase out of the filler to turn the cap enough to get a click. So i'm wondering if that's what all this fuss is about.
    Ideas guys?
    Thanks!!

2. Jan 24, 2011 at 5:06 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You just bought the truck?

Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it! You should have some sort of warrantee for the thing...30 days perhaps?

Remove the gas cap and put it back on.....clear codes...you'll get your answer if the codes don't come back.

Did you do any searching online for those codes?

3. Jan 24, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    cnix43

cnix43 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Boise Idaho
    Vehicle:
    09 BullyDog TRD
    ...Umm...
    The only problem is I moved across the state since then otherwise I would. All I could come up with on the codes is someone had the exact same ones on a Scion Xa and apparently their computer needed to be replaced. I don't know, it was weird.

And The problem is, since I have bigger fenders my fuel spout is a tad too short to go All the way up in there how it should. Therefor leaving me unable to get enough purchase out of my cap to get a click.

Products Discussed in

To Top