1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CEL with restructuring y-pipe?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TacomaGus, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    I'm thinking about essentially restructuring my y pipe by having new 2.25" pipes welded right behind the rear cats, and run a little wider, then rejoined in order to remove the super tight area where it crosses under near the T case. Seems like its super inefficient to have it narrow that much and curve that quickly. Just wondering if i would run into CEL's cuz i need it inspected soon and i'm not sure where the o2 sensors are?

I would then be running it into either a 2.25" center in/out 14" magnapack or regular oval muffler w/ a new catback to replace my kamikaze. Kamikaze is good but i feel like i lost some back pressure and thus mpg. Hoping to keep it under $250 for the install...

2. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    novanut21

novanut21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat-back, TRD S/C, TRD Quickshifter, URD Fuel Pump Kit, Wet Okoles Front&Rear, WeatherTech Mats, Sockmonkey Decals, Satoshi grille, JBA "shorty" headers, URD Y-Pipe, TTC Oil Catch Can, Lotek Dual Apillar gauge pod w/ Autometer Phantom II AFR & Vac/Boost, URD Pulley, HID Retrofit.
    If IIRC the down stream sensors are located in your y pipe at the beginning just after the first set of cats. Should be one on each side.

3. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    novanut21

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat-back, TRD S/C, TRD Quickshifter, URD Fuel Pump Kit, Wet Okoles Front&Rear, WeatherTech Mats, Sockmonkey Decals, Satoshi grille, JBA "shorty" headers, URD Y-Pipe, TTC Oil Catch Can, Lotek Dual Apillar gauge pod w/ Autometer Phantom II AFR & Vac/Boost, URD Pulley, HID Retrofit.
  4. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    novanut21

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
  5. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    well i guess i'd be fine then since i'm thinking of getting it cut into and re welded directly after the last set of cats, so pretty much where it is now, just with full size piping the whole way. Those bungs look like their way up near the headers almost and i wouldn't be touching it that high

6. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    novanut21

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT

Yup your good to go!

7. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    i guess i could just replace my kamikaze w/ the magnapack and then have the y pipe restructured w/o touching rest of cat back. Its just that the kamikaze was 2.5" so i had to get about 4 ft of 2.5" pipe welded in and i'm OCD and i want everything same size again lol

8. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    novanut21

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    lol yeah i totally understand being OCD over your taco.

Products Discussed in

To Top