1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

center console removal

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OregonJ, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Feb 4, 2011 at 8:38 PM
    OregonJ

OregonJ [OP] Member

Member:
    does anyone know how to take out the center console on a 05 tacoma manual 6speed .....especially the part right by your legs and the lighter and ac outlet spot????

2. Feb 5, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    novataco

novataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    Wow, this is the third time I've seen this question recently. Check the "Similar threads" down below: the forum did the search for you.

3. Feb 5, 2011 at 6:58 AM
    novataco

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
  4. Feb 5, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    OregonJ

OregonJ [OP] Member

Member:
    sorry i didnt realize to look for similar threads lol that was my second post im a noob..and thanks for the diagram

5. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    novataco

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    It was from another forum, I guess that's why I've seen this question several times. By the way, once you go into your console, you see exactly how easy it is to pop open and clean, next time you detail your interior. The cubby hole and the drink holder both pop out for easy cleaning, and you can clean the crumbs, coffee/soda stains, etc. from the shift area, and vacuum under the bottom edge of the console, etc.

6. Feb 5, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    OregonJ

OregonJ [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks man that takes care of the back part but what about the front where the cir lighter and ac outlet is......are there clips up front? I just don't wanna start pryin and pullin and breaking something ya know.....lol sorry if I Sind dumb I just need help it's why I joined anyways. Thanks again

7. Feb 5, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    novataco

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    On the auto tranny version, you just pull the front part up. Not sure about manual tranny.

Just give it a good tug on both sides and it pops right up.

Products Discussed in

To Top