1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by azgunrunner, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Sep 10, 2011 at 6:17 PM

azgunrunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    06 DCLB Sport
    OME Coils, TMJ struts and shocks, Dakar leaf springs KMF sliders CBI Ditch light mounts Bumpers pending OBA pending TJM rear air locker pending
    Hey All;

I bought a Remington 700SPS as my hunting rifle, in AZ it usually doesn't get too wet out here so I never had much problems with rusting, but this past elk season I was hunting in the rain and that Remington (now known as Rustington) finish started to show signs of surface rust. I searched around and talked to a few smiths and they all said that it's the way Remington does their finish. Apparently all of their new rifles will have the surface rust problem unless you have a stainless barrel/receiver. I have a 700CDL that I paid close to 1500 for that apparently does the same thing, pretty shitting for a 1500 dollar rifle.

Anyhow, if anyone else is having the same problem, do what I did and have it painted with Cerakote. I found a guy locally to me that did a great job and at a really decent price.

Rifle looks like a million bucks and no more worries about surface rust!

To Top