1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ch. 7 Bankruptcy Filed 9/6/18

Discussion in 'Pelfreybilt Off-Road' started by T4RFTMFW, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 9, 2018 at 12:48 PM
    BotoSlap808

BotoSlap808 JAHblessed

Member:
    Kaneohe,HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 sport DCSB
  2. Sep 9, 2018 at 12:48 PM
    kakwvu

kakwvu Almost Heaven

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R TRD Pro
    I was more getting at the coincidence that they’ve filed seperately once before and now jointly, having met prior or not.

I don’t really care what their circumstances are. I can connect the dots on what they did and didn’t do for their customers, how they blamed their customers, and how they held off on customers filing claims over Labor Day weekend and had already taken action to file bankruptcy. C’mon.

Blackout Z7, Rayien, TWTaco and 3 others like this.
  3. Sep 9, 2018 at 12:48 PM
    orezona

orezona title unspecified

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD OR DCSB OMGWTFBBQ TL;DR
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    Before anyone burns any more @Pelfreybilt shirts/clothes, be better about the whole shit show and donate them to VFW or some other worthy org.

Make a tiny piece positivity out of this mess.

JayMac, 5 Lug Fury, Sammie and 11 others like this.
  4. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:00 PM
    pinem56

pinem56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRDOR DCSB AT
    Given the history and the current info available, the most simple explanation to all this is that both of them are really bad with money, and they should have never run a business. They simply don't have the skills to manage money and are too clueless to realize it. It's like someone that goes through multiple divorces. They are not bad people per se, they're just too clueless to choose good marriage partners and/or don't understand what makes marriages work.

If they had hired an even mildly competent CFO once they started getting bigger, the results of all this might have turned out much differently.

5. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:03 PM
    WileECoyote

WileECoyote Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Yaesu FT-1900R w/ 2m/70cm Comet SBB-224 antenna, Cobra 19 DX IV w/ 4ft Francis CB24 Hot Rod antenna, Uniden Bearcat BC355N 800Mhz mobile scanner (analog), an external BNC mount routed to inside the cab for a handheld fire/police scanner or HAM HT's, Rancho RS5000 front struts and rear shocks, 6in KC Daylighter (pencil beam), 15x7 Black Rock Wheels Series 942, 31x10.50R15 Firestone Destination AT, fog lights, COBRA antenna hood mount (this is used to mount the GoPro on to)
    :fistbump::cheers:

Btw, I am in no way trying to :stirthepot: just trying to learn and understand running a business. What I posted I'm sure is simplified because it is just "me", in that sense. But I would treat anything in the end as a bill that needs to get paid... ASAP. :thumbsup:

scottalot likes this.
  6. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:06 PM
    ETXTacoma

ETXTacoma Someone gave me a plasma cutter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Tyler, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR
    Dynatrac ProRock 60 Rear Axle, that is important enough.
    JayMac, ColoradoTJ, dskakie and 6 others like this.
  7. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    WileECoyote

WileECoyote Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Yaesu FT-1900R w/ 2m/70cm Comet SBB-224 antenna, Cobra 19 DX IV w/ 4ft Francis CB24 Hot Rod antenna, Uniden Bearcat BC355N 800Mhz mobile scanner (analog), an external BNC mount routed to inside the cab for a handheld fire/police scanner or HAM HT's, Rancho RS5000 front struts and rear shocks, 6in KC Daylighter (pencil beam), 15x7 Black Rock Wheels Series 942, 31x10.50R15 Firestone Destination AT, fog lights, COBRA antenna hood mount (this is used to mount the GoPro on to)
    Well, basically done saying my piece.

Just hope people get refunded as that is obviously the right thing to do. :pray:

Blackout14 likes this.
  8. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    Nixinus

Nixinus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    Thanks for the recommendation! Im still licking my wounds though. We'll see if I can recoop any money to put towards a set of skids from them. Might have to put in a lot of OT to get my money back.

9. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:15 PM
    snowtank

snowtank Where the fuck did my beer go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dcsb 08 trd sprt dcsb
    Some stuff here and there....
    Nope I still stand by that :notsure: if your buddies business went under would you join the mob against him or stick by his side?

HolyReptar, Tridet167 and Blackout14 like this.
  10. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:21 PM
    BotoSlap808

BotoSlap808 JAHblessed

Member:
    Kaneohe,HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 sport DCSB
    By his statement above is obvious he doesn't. I can understand feeling bad for them but I'd also feel for the people upset about what happen and i wouldn't be telling those people upset fuck you for being mad that you lost $3000+

11. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:23 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man. :thumbsup: makes me wonder if they pulled out of this and got everyone squared away he would be having his friend in her apologizing to satin and Tyler for saying fuck them. Probably not tho

Blackout14 likes this.
  12. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    Kamille.bidan

Kamille.bidan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blue TRD OR MT
    My father filed for bankruptcy three times. He always gets himself in to too much debt, too much risk, and he is very poor at managing the finances of his businesses and his personal life.

He also was a tax evader that didn't pay taxes for 15 years. He lost his tax return one year and didn't file it. Then he was too scared to deal with issue and just kept kicking the can down the road. 15 years later, he never filed and the IRS came knocking at the door literally.

He never tried to scam anyone, and he always conducted himself with integrity when dealing with others. However, his unwillingness to plan for the future, save money, and stay out of debt destroyed him.

He wasn't a con man. He was just stupid.

xxTacocaTxx, whatstcp and hoverlover like this.
  13. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    I only said it to him. Not everyone else. I'm truly sorry this happened and people are out thousands of dollars they earned.if it came out the other way I'm sorry for that too

14. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:26 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Hmmm, their website is similar to PElfrey, in that their product all shows out of stock.

15. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:27 PM
    Wadar

Wadar Not Well Know, But Shows Up From Time to Time.

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Western Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    ‘02 XC TRD-OR, & ‘20 DCSB TRD-OR
    A few.
    Lasernut is named on page 45 of the filing, along with 588+/- others.

Blackout14 likes this.
  16. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:28 PM
    dirty deeds

dirty deeds Big Blue Nation!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Eastern KY
    Vehicle:
    '14 Wht AC SR, 2.7, MT, Baja wheels
    PlastiDip front emblem, twine, and Scotch tape
    They should've expedited seeking help LONG before posting about the issue on social sites. I don't have a chicken in this race, but I know people that do, and this flat out sucks for them!

You keep personal business shit to yourself and fix it behind the scenes. You deliver no matter the cost, or you refund. None of us needed to know about any of it until all possible solutions were exhausted.

17. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:36 PM
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Politically incorrect low tech redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Mt Washington Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB, TRD OR, 5100's, 885's 285/75r16 Cooper STT PROs.
    Agree....

Feeling sorry for someone doesnt mean you condone what they did to get in their predicament. 2 or 3 weeks ago the Pelfrey's were still OK in most peoples eyes....mine included. I now believe my confidence in them was grossly misapplied. I may yet find out this was a plan all along. I may find it within myself to never trust a vendor 100% again.

There is a lot of self doubt and "feeling stupid" at this point. Damn near all of us trusted them from greater to lesser degrees.

This much is for certain....one of the most respected names in the industry is no longer worth 2 shits....2 of "our friends" screwed us both financially and our trust. Lot of raw nerves. Time will soften the blow. I'd ask this....Let's not allow this to take MORE than it already has. Not sure beating up other "victims" will solve much.

18. Sep 9, 2018 at 1:54 PM
    here4cake

here4cake Well-Known Member

Member:
    This kind of conclusion is exactly why every person buying products needs to keep the manufacturer accountable to the timelines they promise, and not deal with any company that cannot guarantee product delivery within the 90-day timeline for credit card disputes. It boggles my mind to read that people provided deposits many months (and even a year!) ago and there is still nothing to show for it.

People are way, way too willing to accept any of a myriad of excuses and let manufacturers deliver weeks, if not months or years later than promised. The more people that let a manufacturer off the hook, the more the manufacturer will take advantage of that, the worse the business will be ran, and the higher the likelihood of bad endings all around. Excuses don't matter, legal agreements (you paying X money for product in Y days) do. Every purchase is a business transaction, and both parties need to be accountable to their end of the deal. Businesses that are not able to deliver on promised terms need to compensate the customer for not holding up their end of the deal, learn from the mistake, and adjust their practices accordingly.

19. Sep 9, 2018 at 2:07 PM
    Grossomotto

Grossomotto Complete 3rd Member

Member:
    39.9526° N, 75.1652° W
    Vehicle:
    2017 4WDV6LB6MT
    Or only buy if it’s in stock. Plenty of manufacturers have bumpers and skid plates in stock.

Why in the hell should any end user subsidize a business? They should grow organically or start with the funds to produce their products up front.

I’m asking these questions to everyone, not necessarily you, just replied to your post regarding timelines and advanced payment.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  20. Sep 9, 2018 at 2:11 PM
    Larrys4x4

Larrys4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma OR DCSB Inferno
    Screenshot_20180909-170650.jpg Screenshot_20180909-170712.jpg Hey guys, don't know if this was posted anywhere in all these pages but i found this on the 4runner forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top