1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

changing headlights help!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by gldnstateballa, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    gldnstateballa

gldnstateballa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I want to change the lights in my headlights to a brighter light. My friends car has like blue lights which are sick. I dont know much about lighting AT ALL and stuff so i wanted to get some opinions on which lights i should get. Post pics if possible and let me know the prices also if possiible. Thanks Please be as descriptive as possible cuz like i said, i'm completely confused about the whole lighting thing. THANKS!

2. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    elevatedfun

elevatedfun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    BSP 07 SR5 doublecab 4x4
    33" nitto terra grapplers, 3" readylift, 17" ultra goliath wheels, TRD seat covers, Huskey floor matts, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, OBX fatboy shift knob, K&N high-flow cleanable airfilter, Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, Lamin-X yellow fog light covers, Ultragauge
    Look into HID's. They're not headlight covers like the halo's or anything, they're just simply bright bulbs. You can get them in different temperatures that make the light come off anywhere from true white, to blue, to purple. As for a different headlight look, check out halo's or projector's, or you could black out your housing on your stock lights. I certainly don't know nearly as much as some of these guys do, but in the research that i've done looking for what i'm going to do for my truck- these are things that i am looking into

3. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    gldnstateballa

gldnstateballa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Thanks! I just want to make the light brighter, so im guessing i need to look into HID's. For those, do i just change the actual bulb? Or do i need to change some weiring too or anything else like that?

4. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    Hi_FIRE_08

Hi_FIRE_08 Who what now?!

Member:
    Honolulu, Hi
    Vehicle:
    08 4dr Sport
    If you buy a plug and play kit thats all you need to do. That and mount ballasts...

Products Discussed in

To Top