1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cheapest pricing on a ss snugtop

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by waldo, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mar 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    waldo

waldo [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    Rough Country 3" lift, 285/75 BFG all-terrains, Moto Metal 951 chrome rims, fog lights, wet okole seat covers
    Hello everyone. I have been looking for a snugtop on craigslist and such and have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know where I could find a decently priced snugtop brand new? Any recommendations? I don't mind a drive, I live near in northern Washington area.

2. Mar 13, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    All I can tell you is to keep looking. I live in Puyallup. Purchased my truck in November 09 and went looking for a canopy. Checked locally at the dealers and yes the SnugTop canopies were the nicest but ouch about 2200 bucks. I started searching Craigslist daily and after about 3 weeks came across one in vancouver Wa. By the time I contacted him he had sold it. About 24 hours later the canopy showed up again in Oregon City, Oregon. I immediately called the guy. Come to find out he had a regular cab and the canopy was made for access cab/ double cabs. It was angled which caused it to hit the top of his cab at the brake light.
    To make a long story short. I drove down the next day and purchased my (originally black Snugtop). Drove it home and stopped at the Maaco body shop to drop it off for a paint job. 600 bucks for the canopy and another 250 bucks to color match.
    You can check out the pics on my gallery.

I have included another search engine I found on this web site. Searchtempest searchs locally by distance and includes eBay. Hint don't just search for a canopy. I still do periodic searches and post them on TW. I use Canopy shell topper and cap. You will find different areas used different names for their camper shells. Good luck on your search. Ken

http://www.searchtempest.com/

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Mar 13, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    waldo

waldo [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    Rough Country 3" lift, 285/75 BFG all-terrains, Moto Metal 951 chrome rims, fog lights, wet okole seat covers
    Thanks man, this is a great site. The one thing I hated about searching craigslist is going city to city with the same search.

4. Mar 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.

Nice thing about searchtempest is it does just that. You pick the distance and it will search everything up to that distance. No more cities, or even states to pick.

Products Discussed in

To Top