1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check out my gear list

Discussion in 'Recovery' started by clever_trevor, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Dec 20, 2020 at 11:05 PM
    clever_trevor

clever_trevor [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey all, I bought a Tacoma a couple weeks ago and am looking for advice on a list I put together of essentials for offroading, based off tacomaworld.com threads. Is there anything I'll really need to add or should swap out? Anything I should get for cheaper? My Amazon cart is getting heavy lol. Also, I'm a beginner and plan on going out 1 to 2 times a month, so the majority of driving will be in the city.
    1. BaoFeng BF-F8HP dual band 2-way radio https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MAULSOK
    2. Mechanix gloves 3. Need suggestions for a tool kit!
    4. Smittybilt 2781 5.65 CFM Universal Air Compressor 5. Folding shovel 6.. Recovery tow strap 7. Hi lift jack. I'll be ordering rock sliders. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMDSOG/
    8. Recovery traction tracks aka Maxtrax knock offs https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS1SKIW/

Not included in the list are tires/suspension/etc. I'm still figuring those specifics out. Here's an obligatory pic of the new truck.

2. Dec 20, 2020 at 11:12 PM
    Tacoma1997White4x4

Tacoma1997White4x4 America First

Member:
    West Covina, California
    Vehicle:
    1997 white 4x4 auto 4cylinder Singlecab, 2001 auto rwd 2.4l single cab flatbed
    Km3’s 31’s,Lift,Sliders,rear ARB air locker,on board air, armor, hi shell
    you should get a cheater bar, clear safety glasses, fire extinguisher, battery car jumper, ratchet straps, zipties, first aid kit

3. Dec 21, 2020 at 7:47 AM
    JEEPNIK

JEEPNIK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Voodoo Blue TRD Sport
    Have you ever off-roaded before? If not hook up with an experienced group. Not what they carry and ask why.

Also do a search here it’s been throughly discussed here.

4. Dec 22, 2020 at 6:18 AM
    cwadej

cwadej Ballerina Award winner

Member:
    Right Here
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4
    Ditch the baofeng and get a real mobile unit. 10x the power = range = good thing. There are some ham radios that can be modded to do frs and gmrs also. Not that its legal, but is easily done

sbl23 likes this.
To Top