1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chicago at it again...

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Zombie Runner, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Jul 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    CHICAGO — A new gun ordinance in Chicago that officials say is the strictest of its kind in the country went into effect on Monday.
    The ordinance was pushed through quickly by Mayor Richard Daley and the City Council after the U.S. Supreme Court last month made the city's 28-year-old handgun ban unenforceable. The high court ruled that Americans have the right to have guns in their homes for protection.
    The ordinance permits residents to have only one working gun at a time in their homes and prohibits them from stepping outside, even onto their porches or in their garages, with a handgun.
    Following the lead of Washington, D.C., which enacted a strict ordinance after the Supreme Court struck down its gun ban two years ago, Chicago also requires prospective gun owners to take a class and receive firearms training.
    Chicago's ordinance also bans gun shops from setting up shop in the city and bars anyone convicted of a violent crime, domestic violence or two or more convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs from owning a handgun.
    Also starting Monday is a 90-day grace period in which residents who owned handguns illegally during the ban can register them without penalty.
    Chicago's ordinance was widely criticized by gun rights advocates, who have said the city is simply trying to make it as difficult as it can for people to own guns and putting up unconstitutional roadblocks in their way. They promised lawsuits and last week, even before the ordinance went into effect, at least two lawsuits were filed challenging the constitutionality of the ordinance.
    City officials have said they believe the lawsuit is constitutional and that the Supreme Court specifically ruled that local jurisdictions have the right to impose reasonable regulations and restrictions.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gU7WxRKpc8kl8FHMaAXz5zvrn-EwD9GTJ1506

2. Jul 12, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    So the handgund must remain under house arrest? Do they put one of those ankle bracelets on it?

3. Jul 12, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Sounds like Barry's moratorium efforts on offshore drilling - They don't call it the Windy City because of the wind off the lake. I may live in CA but I think I would take an illegal gun and pop my head if I had to live in a city like that - or hell - If I had to live in Los Angeles, I would do the same. They tend to think everyone thinks like them and therefore they think they have the majority.

4. Jul 12, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    gun stores are banned from the city of Chicago...
    and the gun cannot leave your house? what if you want to go shoot at the range? eh probably no ranges there anyways.. only cops and military should have guns anyways :rolleyes:

5. Jul 12, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    That's why Chicago is so safe! ;)

Maybe it is an attempt to only allow the New Black Panther Party to own weapons 'cause I think they are the only sanctioned Militia in Illinois!

6. Jul 12, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    superbikedad

superbikedad Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Lake Stevens, Washington
    Vehicle:
    07 sr5 trd dbl cb 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, 1.75 lift front, 1' block rear,265/70/16
    This is crazy....regular good ol people are not the problem when it comes to guns. The bad guys are the problem and they are the ones who dont follow rules and will continue with violence and death related shootings. Bad guys always know where to get the guns and the problems will still remain. While the good and honest citizens cant carry a piece to protect themselfs. So aside from the new rules...what will really change. Gun violence from the bad guys will still be there while good...honest... gun carrying people cant protect their self's or their family's unless they are in their homes. Bull Sh!t .

7. Jul 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Wait until Chicago comes to your city! ;)

8. Jul 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    When chicago comes to Cleveland, I will be there protesting while open carrying!

9. Jul 12, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  10. Jul 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    You're only allowed one of those........and GET BACK IN THE HOUSE!

11. Jul 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    but i...but..but....:pout:

12. Jul 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    lazaro

lazaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garry
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC BSP 4X4 TRD Off-road
    Stainless Nfab Steps painted black, Acces Tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Weathertech floor mats, EGR slimline visors, Wicked Flow 13 mufflers, ultragauge and 4X4 illuminated switch mod, receiver shackle from Timichi and Redline QL plus hood struts.
    ^^^^^:laugh:

Seriously, some of these feel good politicians need to get their heads out of their posterior orifice. They are focusing on restricting LAW ABIDING CITIZENS from protecting themselves. THUGS, ROBBERS, RAPIST and DRUG DEALERS don't give a F---K on what so called reasonable gun restriction these fools presents because b...... guess what? They are criminals and have no respect for the law!!!! Great Jeebus!!!! where are my blood pressure pills...!!

13. Jul 12, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    Exactly......

"If we outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"

14. Jul 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Looks to me like another SCOTUS case sometime in the future where right to carry will be decided...by a stacked liberal high court. At least that's what I think.

15. Jul 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    Blankety blanking blank blank blankety MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! That is why I will Never Live in Illinois. I choose to excercise my right to defend myself where ever I go, I'll be damned if some corrupt politician is going to tell me I can't enforce one of my constitutional God-given rights. You'd think the good people of Ill. would realize whats going on?

Products Discussed in

To Top