1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chicago: Criminals aren't only ones ignoring city handgun ban

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Jun 7, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Chicago: Criminals aren't only ones ignoring city handgun ban

When police caught up to a fleeing drug suspect early Thursday, they had little problem arresting him. They found him in a private home he had entered, wounded in the chest by a resident with a handgun. The shooting occurred about a week after an 80 year old Army veteran used a handgun to shoot and kill an armed burglar who had broken into his home. In both cases, the weapons violated the city's 28 year old handgun ban, but police so far have declined to press charges.

Read About It:
    The Chicago Tribune

2. Jun 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    nice!

3. Jun 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    Points to that Vet. I want to know if that guy gave him a security round for good measure.

I would seriously love to see some of these anti gun people deal with a home invasion where their lives and their families lives are at risk. The term "fear of God" comes to mind. Do you think they'd just roll over and say "pardon sir, take whatever you want, my wife, my kids, its ok, its not your fault you're like this....blah blah blah." My guess is probably not, they would use any and all means available to stop and remove the threat. Its BS laws that will keep me out of states like Ny, Ill., and Ca.

4. Jun 8, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
  5. Jun 8, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    assist FTW!

6. Jun 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Wait. wasn't this ban overturned by the supreme court? Or hasn't taken affect yet?

7. Jun 8, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    ^I havent heard anything about a final ruling yet

8. Jun 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    just read this on NRA's site

http://home.nra.org/classic.aspx

We're still waiting for the Supreme Court decision in the Chicago gun ban case, but the Brady Center is already conceding defeat. In a recent email to Brady Campaign supporters, Paul Helmke said his organization thinks the Court will strike down Chicago's gun ban, and he urged his fellow gun control advocates to dig deep and donate to the Brady Campaign so they can fight to restrict this right as much as possible.
    Of course, that's not exactly what Helmke said. His actual words were, "We will not stop our defense of common sense gun laws to protect you and your community. Please make a tax-deductible contribution to help us fight to defend your gun laws."
    What "common sense" laws is Helmke talking about? The laws in Massachusetts that allow chiefs of police to require permission slips from your doctor before you can own a gun? The laws in New York that keep concealed carry permits out of the hands of the working class? The laws in California that arbitrarily ban certain firearms based on cosmetic features?
    If the Supreme Court does strike down Chicago's handgun ban, one thing will be clear: our 2nd Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms is indeed a right, not a privilege. The gun control groups can't come out and say they're going to work as hard as they can to restrict the rights of all law-abiding Americans, but that's their game plan. They may be conceding defeat in the Chicago case, but they won't admit they've been wrong for decades, they won't admit they're wrong now, and they're not going to stop attacking your rights whenever and wherever possible.

Products Discussed in

To Top