1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

chipped paint

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 094x4, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Apr 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM
    094x4

094x4 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Hey Everyone-
    Does anyone have any tips and suggestions on how to fix some chipped paint on my hood and door which happened from rocks hitting my truck? it's small chips.

2. Apr 2, 2009 at 10:47 PM
    jgarcia.mpa

jgarcia.mpa Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
  3. Apr 2, 2009 at 10:54 PM
    G-Sak

G-Sak Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Offroad SR5 DC 6 speed
    FX-R Projector Retrofit with Apollo Shrouds, Digital HID 55 watt ballasts, D2S Philips 85122+ bulbs in the Winter and Digital HID 55w 5k bulbs in the summer, Bakflip G2, Pop N Lock, Tint, Grillcraft with PIAAs behind it, ScanguageII and a few audio/video upgrades.
    I would suggest going to NAPA or another auto parts store and see if they can get you color matched touch up paint.

Also, 05PreRunner posted this link in his color matched grill surround thread recently and said it was a great place to order paint from:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/search...e=search&fgtp=

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Apr 3, 2009 at 3:01 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Even the dealerships aren't bad for touch up paint...I think I paid 8 bucks for the tube that I needed.

5. Apr 3, 2009 at 3:17 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  6. Apr 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    aaronk

aaronk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Dbl Cab V6 TRD
    Just washed my truck today and noticed paint chips everywhere on the hood and elsewhere. Depressing, to say the least... The largets being about a pea sized chip right next to the access cab window on the side of the truck, how that got there I don't know :confused:

I bought some touch up paint from the dealer and just filled in the larger ones. They were already starting to rust, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Products Discussed in

To Top